Inka Mbing is a singer from the Atayal ethnic group, one of Taiwan's major aboriginal tribes. She learnt music, culture and philosophy of the Atayal from elders, collecting folk songs. She is now passing on that knowledge to the young Atayal on this superb album. Many of the songs are written by Inka Mbing, for various events, issues facing Atayal people, identity and more, all sung in the Atayal language, with some traditional songs rearranged. Beautifully packaged it comes as a 45rpm size hard carboard sleeve, with English notes, and with the lyrics to each song. Spellbinding.
1. Qwas na yaya/A Song For Mother
2. Aki saku mebkhniq/I Want to Be a Songbird
3. Qsyas nyux myan nbun/We Drink the Death Water
4. Qwas hzing /Bee Song
5. Patas saku/Tattooed Face
6. Minkahul saku inu/Where am I From?
7. Qwas laqi /Childs Song
8. Qwas niq niq/Niq Niq Song
9. Khangun mu pinleqyan mu kinholan mu/Protecting the Lands of My Ancestors
10.Qalang mu Smangus/ My Smangus Song
11.Qwas na lubuw/????/Mouth Harp Song
13. Ima lalu su/What is Your Name?
14. Soki na yutas/Grandfathers Knife
15. Musa su inu/Where Are You Going?