Another momentous album. In 2008, composer Meng Qinghua combined Chinese traditions of theatre and narrative arts with Western orchestral music, to create 'Ling Ge'- songs of actors, combining poetry, drama and music. This is the second volume, on which Meng Qinghua has chosen poems and musical styles from Northern and Southern China. He engaged the talents of artists who specialised in regional perfoming tradiitions, with texts in local dialects. Another superb recording remastering at JVC XRCD mastering in Tokyo and Stockfish Studios in Germany. Hardback book style packaging and extensive liner notes in English.
1. "Mediation of the Past at Chibi (Red Cliff), to the Tune of Nian Nu Jiao"
2. Sheng Sheng Man - "Every Note Adagio"
3. Guan Ju - "Crying Ospreys"
4. "Reflection of the Moon on Lake Erquan"
5. Song Yue Rao A Bright Moon Visible through the Pines
6. "Happiness in the Palace - to the tune of Plum Blossom"
7. "A Moonlit Night on the Spring River"
8. "Wind and Rain to the Homebound Boat"
9. "A Trip to Gusu" - ("Suzhou Scenery)
10. Shui Diao Ge Tou - "Prelude to Water Melody"