Toshimitsu Ishikawa studied Kinko-ryu shakuhachi and honkyoku under Katsuya Yokoyama, and Koyoku under Kodo Arai V. He has won numerous awards. This DVD focuses on 'basic sound output' introducing an original method created by Ishikawa. By incorporating this method into daily practice, the player acquires the techniques to control the shaluhahci naturally. The focus is on ian ntroductory method for playing classic honkyoku pieces of Katsuya Yokoyama. Excercises include whole tone meri, double meri and extra fingerings.
1 & 2. Introduction & Kumoi Jishi
3. Chapter 1 Practice without Meri
4. Chapter 2 . Agomeri: Semitone Meri and Modoshi
5. Chapter 3. Ohmeri; Whole tone Meri and Double Meri
6. Chapter 4. Technique of Honkyoku
7. Chapter 5. Extra Fingerings