Akiko Nishigata is one of the great experimenters of sangen (shamisen) music. This is a compilation of some of her live recordings between 1990 and 2002, in various combinations and styles. including concerto, duet with piano, bass, and a Japanese traditional music ensemble.
1. Sangen Concerto 1st Dec.1993. composed by Shigeaki Saegusa
2. Kurenawi ni Namida no Iro no (Haruna Miyake)
3. Kyukyoku no Tabi (Somei Satoh)
4. Contrastrings No.1
5. Hato no Mai (Yoshihiro Kanno) for Shamisen and Piano
6. Where Being and Being Seen Collide (Yuki Morimoto)