DATO' SITI NURHALIZA
Konsert Lentera Timur
Konsert Lentera Timur (The Eastern Beacon Concert) was a residency show and revue held over four nights in September 2013 at Istana Budaya in Kuala Lumpur. The songs were all based on Malaysian traditional and folk music, mostly tracks from her traditional albums including Cindai, Sanggar Mustika and Lentara Timur. Siti was backed by a forty piece traditional Malay orchestra.
1. Sendayung Pak Yong & Ala Dondeng 2. Nirmala 3. Kurik Kundi 4. Bunga Melur 5. Mahligai Permata 6. Patah Hati 7. Janji 8. Kau Pergi Tanpa Pesan 9. Citra Budaya 10. Syair 11. Masri Manis 12. Kaparinyo 13. Sulam Sembilan 14. Jangan Ditanya 15. Joget Kasih Tak Sudah 16. Joget Pahang 17. Bulan Yang Mesra 18. Empat Dara 19. Hati Kama
1. Instrumental OTM 2. Cek Mek Molek 3. Laksamana Raja Di Laut 4. Ketawalah Lagi 5. Bahtera Merdeka 6. Biarlah Rahsia 7. Rampaianku 8. Damak 9. Balqis 10. Ya Maulai 11. Cindai 12. Popaleh Weh
HETTY KOES ENDANG
Demi Cinta Ni...Ye...
Re-release of Kroncong sinnger's Pop Indonesia album that was a big hit in 1985.
1. Demi Cinta Nih Yee 2. Mungkinkah 3. Biro Jodoh 4. Kau Tak Setia 5. Tak Kulepas Kamu 6. Terbuai 7. Percik-Percik Kerinduan 8. Pergilah Duka 9. Bila Jatuh Cinta 10. Kesetiaanku
Krom are a band from Phnom Penh, Cambodia, who play a kind of blend of traditional Khmer with a delta blues sound. The band features songwriter, guitarist, vocalist Christopher Minko with Khmer vocalsits and sisters, Sophea and Sopheak Chamroeun, with help from including Jimmy 'B' on slide guitar. Neon Dark, the band's second album, is a 12 song, bilingual album, in English and Khmer. 10 of the songs are originals written by Christopher Minko, working with co-writer and vocalist, Sophea Chamroeun. Two of the tracks feature the master of Mekong Delta Blues Kong Nay, on chapei and vocals, along with vocalists Sophea Chamroeun and Sopheak Chamroeun. The album is produced by Sarin Chhuon. Listen to samples of all tracks.
1. Creation of Krom (feat. Master Kong Nay) 2. The Haunted 3. Rain 4. Passion 5. 7 Years Old 6. Night Moods 7. The Wire 8. Fractured Fragrance 9. Sadness 10. Life and Music 11. Down Sukhumvit Road 12. Dancing With Krom (feat. Master Kong Nay)
SEKEHE JOGED BUMBUNG 'SUNARI-BUDAYA'
Gamelan Joged Bumbung
Joged Bumbung is a style of Balinese gamelan played mostly on bamboo instruments. Joged is the name of a dance, and this type of gamelan has become popular throughout Bali and is often performed for tourists. The bamboo instruments are sometimes compared to a marimba, are played with both hands, and usually accompanied by suling (flute), kendang (drum) and various cymbals and gongs. Live recording from 1996 at Kesiut Village, Tabanan, Bali. Comes with some English notes. Listen to sound samples.
1. Dengdeng Metunu (Baked meat) 2. Aras kembang (Blooming Flowers) 3. Ongkak Ongkek (Sound of Frogs) 4. Madu Sari (Essence of Honey) 5. Den Bukit (Northern Hill) 6. Kembang Pucuk (Name of Flower) 7. Puspita Sari (Essence of Flower) 8. Gegilak (Procession Instrument)
SEKEHE GONG WERDHI BUDAYA
Gong Dewa Yadnya
Recorded in 1996 at Kesiut Village, Tabanan, Bali. Comes with some English notes. Excellent recording of gamelan.
1. Pemungkah (Overture) 2. Kincang-Kincung (Struggle of Life) 3. Rejang Batu Panes (Welcome Dance to Gods) 4. Baris Gede (Warrior Dance to Gods) 5. Pengundang Taksu (Invitation to the Gods) 6. Sehe (Instrument to accompany ritual song) 7. Jaran Guyang (Energetic Horse) 8. Mas Lali (Leave the Body) 9. Sekar Medori (Name of a white flower) 10. Nuwur (Finding the supreme god)
Third in the series of gamelan recordings from 1996 at Kesiut Village, Tabanan, Bali. Angklung is an ancient Balinese gamelan that performs in religious processions, temples, cremation ceremonies etc. Fantastic recording. Comes with some English notes.
1. Beratya Yasa (Meditation Song) 2. Panyembrahma (Welcome Dance) 3. Margapati (King of the Forest) 4. Jauk (Giant's Dance) 5. Manuk Rawa (Bird's Dance) 6. Oleg Tambulilingan (Bumble-bees in love) Se Lisir (Welcome instrument to the gods) 7. Gegilak (Procession instrument)
Chai Lai Thai Bossa
In similar vain to Khun-in, Jazz of Siam, bossa nova infuenced instrumental versions of traditional Thai, Lao and Burmese music.
1. Chai Lai Thai Bossa 2. Fortune Candles 3. Pretty 4. Northern Flowers 5. Beating Poles (Lao Style) 6. Root of Land 7. Angor Resonance 8. Stream Under the Sand 9. Burmese Young One 10. Burmese Hunting Frogs 11. Nostalgia
Superb album originally released in 2007 of kroncong by singer Ubiet from Jakarta. Ubiet is a collaborator with film music composers Dian HP and Riza Arshad, while her group, also called Kroncong Tenggara infuse the Portuguese influenced kroncong with elements of tango, jazz and local pop music. Overall this album is of classic style kroncong, beautifully performed.
1.Kroncong Kemayoran 2.Aksi Kucing 3.Gambang Semarang 4.Kroncong Tenggara 5.Kroncong Pasar Gambir 6.Cinta Pertama 7.Kroncong Sapulidi 8.Senja di Pelabuhan Kecil 9.Di Bawah Sinar Bulan Purnama (Bonus Track)
Degung for Christmas
Sundanese gamelan versions of Christmas tunes.
1. Silent Night 2. The First Noel 3. White Christmas 4. Whispering Hope 5. Santa Claus is Coming to Town 6. Jingle Bells 7. We Wish you a Merry Christmas 8. Joy to the World 9. When a Child is Born 10. Auld Lang Syne
Christmas in Bali
Balinese Gamelan versions of Christmas tunes- oh and a new year one too.
1. Jingle Bells 2. Silent Night 3. Hark the Herald Angels Sing 4. Joy to the World 5. Go Tell it On the Mountain 6. I'll Be Home for Christmas 7. We Wish You a Merry Christmas 8. Here Comes Santa Claus 9. Frosty The Snowman 10. The First Noel 11. Adeste Fideles 12. Santa Claus is Coming to Town 13. Auld Lang Syne
18 Golden Years (2 CDs)
Compilation of lukthung/morlam singer Mike Pirimporn to mark his 18th year as a singer.
1. Ya jai khon jon 2. Kai rang tang ngarn 3. Ruean hor hong chao 4. Yark hai ther kao jai 5. Kum lung jai nai waew ta 6. Dao jai fah 7. Poo yoo beung lung 8. Ma der kwan aey 9. Norrachard wang wai 10. Jor mor por 5 11. Yark ded dork fah 12. Waew ta tee took mern 13. Kae kaek rub chern 14. Bon sen tarng sai derm 15. Tang look rung 16. Niew nang kang sai
1. Duay rang hang rak 2. Mai sai kern ror 3. Tee peung khon klai 4. Ror sai jai sung ma 5. Took bung kub duay kwam kid theung 6. Nuk soo mor 3 7. Nuey mai khon dee 8. Pah kaw bon bah sai 9. Dum na none(Huk sao say no) 10. Look sao nai jarng 11. Lakorn chee vit 12. Kor khon roo jai 13. Tai saeng neon 14. Puer rak puer rao 15. Yung rak kan yoo rue plow 16. Hua jai sa on
Thai Classical - Thai Dulcimer Solo (Kim)
Album of solo Khim (hammered dulcimer) one of the representative Thai traditional instruments. The Khim has 42 strings and is played with bamboo sticks. It is thought the Khim was introduced into Thailand from China.
1. Lao Seang Tean 2. Lao Duang Daoen 3. Lao Kra Thop Mai 4. Lao Kum Hom 5. Lao Charoen Sri 6. Lao Dum-nern Sai 7. Lao Khroun 8. Lao Lum Pang 9. Lao Laong Nan 10. Lao Jao Su 11. Lao Kra Tae
The Overture - Original Soundtrack
Soundtrack to 2004 Thai film based on the fictionalised life story of a Thai palace musician Luang Pradit Phairoh. It follows his life as a classical musician from the late 19th century until the 1940s. The film won several awards and was entered into the Academy Awards as Best Foreign Language Film. The film helped to popularize Thai Classical music in Thailand. The soundtrack features mostly Thai traditional music plus some original film score.
1.Assajun -Miracle composed by Petch Marr and Pijika) 2. Kaek bor-ra-tes 3.Ton Worrachet 4. Kum warn 5. Kra-tai ten 6. Lao duang duen 7. Hom rong pra-derm chai 8. Hom rong um-ma-baht 9. Hom rong chor paka 10. Home rong jeen dok mai 11. Saen kum-nueng
Tracks 2-11 traditional Thai music performed by Chaibhuk Bhutrachinda, Korphai and Narongrit Tosa-nga
12.Raek phob 13.Terd toh 14. Berk barn 15. Sum nuek 16. Chai-cha-na 17. Kwam wung
12-17 are from the original score by Chatchai Pongrapaphan
Thai Classical Music - The Overture
Thai classical inspired by the film, The Overture.
1. Lao-Doung-Duen 2. Kang Kao Gin Gluay 3. Saean Kam Noung 4. Torn Vor Ra CHed 5. Come Wan 6. Yuan Klow 7. Lao Doung Duen 8. Kub Mai Bun Dor 9. As Sa Va Lee La 10. Sa La Tee 11. Lom Pad Chai Kao 12. Pa Ya Dern
Thai Classical Music: Trae Wong Yai - Klong Yaaw (3 CDs)
Excellent overview of all kinds of Thai traditional instruments and styles on 3 CDs.
Thai Classical Music - All Four Regions Complete Set (4 CDs)
Thai classical instrumenal ceremonial music from north, south, east and west Thailand. 4 CDs, 24 tracks.
Best of the Year 2013
Compilation from the RS label in Thailand. Pop music, most notable is the final track a collaboration of pop group 3.2.1 with lukthung singer Baituey, a big hit in Thailand this year.
1. Sunshine- Kum ka khon 2. Flame -Khob oak sue mai dai 3. Dr. Fuu -Mai mee hai jai : Dr.Fuu 4. Karamail - Wun sood tai : Karamail 5.Neko Jump Look- Look si! 6. 3.2.1. Ter mee kao (White Flag) 7. Four Mod - Yark dai fan kao perm mai 8.Timethai - Fan pun tor (Spy) : Timethai 9. Thank You - Yark klub pai pen puean ter (Unfriended Request) 10. Fah - Fan kao kor ngao pen 11. Knomjean- Tum jai mai dai (I can't) 12. Eak Surachet -Tee ruk (ter) 13. Fai Am Fine - Mai yark dai fan mai 14. Benze Prikthai- Ngieb tummai 15. Parn Thanaporn- Chun mai dai..krai kor tong mai dai : (OST 'Buang Barb') 220.127.116.11 feat. Baituey - Ruk tong perd (Splash Out)
Geomungo Factory are a four piece group playing Geomungo, a traditional long zither with six strings. The group play five different geomungos, plus gayageum, in original pieces over a kaleidoscope of sounds and textures, from delicate to jarring, with an experimental edge. Have played at WOMEX in 2012, performed in the UK in 2013, and this CD has been well reviewed by western media, although until now has remained rather elusive.
1. Jirirariru (Everybody Stand Up!) 2. Jeong-jung-dong (Movement on Silence) 3. Geomungo & Tango 4. Byeolgeumja (The Starry Night) 5. Dream of the Tree 6. Sky, Wind, Star and Poem 7. Nightmare of Blind Sound (Groundless Fear) 8. To a Free Bird (Fly to the Sky) 9. Illang Illang 10. Hwan-yu (Cycle of the Sound)
Korean traditional instruments, including haegum, piri and geomungo, meets electronic post rock with some more reflective moments. Performed at WOMEX 13 in Cardiff. Nine tracks.
Rock Dang Dangdut XPDC Style
Malaysian rock versions of dangdut classics. Originals were sung by Rhoma Irama, Elvy Sukaesih and others, and take on a new lease of life
1. Ary (Fahrenheit) - Kopi Dangdut 2. Kristal - Rindu 3. Ija - Penasaran 4. Yabang - Cubit-Cubitan 5. Abot - Penawar Rindu 6. Yabang - Aku Semut Merah 7. Faizul (Rock Orang Kampuang) - Boneka India 8. Abot - Kerana Pengalaman 9. Ary (Fahrenheit) - Asam Di Gunung Garam Di Laut 10. Ary (Fahrenheit) - Cinta Sabun Mandi 11. Abot - Cintaku Terbahagi Dua 12. Kristal - Sejati 13. Kristal - Cinta 14. Kristal - Insan