Geomungo Factory are a four piece group playing Geomungo, a traditional long zither with six strings. The group play five different geomungos, plus gayageum, in original pieces over a kaleidoscope of sounds and textures, from delicate to jarring, with an experimental edge. Have played at WOMEX in 2012, performed in the UK in 2013, and this CD has been well reviewed by western media, although until now has remained rather elusive.
1. Jirirariru (Everybody Stand Up!) 2. Jeong-jung-dong (Movement on Silence) 3. Geomungo & Tango 4. Byeolgeumja (The Starry Night) 5. Dream of the Tree 6. Sky, Wind, Star and Poem 7. Nightmare of Blind Sound (Groundless Fear) 8. To a Free Bird (Fly to the Sky) 9. Illang Illang 10. Hwan-yu (Cycle of the Sound)
Korean traditional instruments, including haegum, piri and geomungo, meets electronic post rock with some more reflective moments. Performed at WOMEX 13 in Cardiff. Nine tracks.
Rock Dang Dangdut XPDC Style
Malaysian rock versions of dangdut classics. Originals were sung by Rhoma Irama, Elvy Sukaesih and others, and take on a new lease of life
1. Ary (Fahrenheit) - Kopi Dangdut 2. Kristal - Rindu 3. Ija - Penasaran 4. Yabang - Cubit-Cubitan 5. Abot - Penawar Rindu 6. Yabang - Aku Semut Merah 7. Faizul (Rock Orang Kampuang) - Boneka India 8. Abot - Kerana Pengalaman 9. Ary (Fahrenheit) - Asam Di Gunung Garam Di Laut 10. Ary (Fahrenheit) - Cinta Sabun Mandi 11. Abot - Cintaku Terbahagi Dua 12. Kristal - Sejati 13. Kristal - Cinta 14. Kristal - Insan
Hari Raya- the end of the fasting season of Ramadan- complilation from Malaysia's most popular female singer. Rootsy Malay pop.
1. Sesuci Lebaran 2. Nazam Lebaran 3. Air Mata Syawal 4. Anugerah Aidilfitri 5. Meriah Suasana Hari Raya 6. Bila Hari Raya Menjelma 7. Mekar Hari Raya 8. Suara Takbir 9. Anugerah Aidilfitri (Instrumental) 10. Sesuci Lebaran (Instrumental)
Siriporn Ampaipong Vol.15 - Hua Nah Gang Sao Suer Dum
New album from the ever popular morlam/lukthung singer from Isaan. 15 tracks.
Hi-Fi Thai Country
New recordings of Thai 'country' style music. High quality and beautiful recordings of rootsy, jazzy tunes by young musicians and singers with a flavour of the 1940s or 50s but in superb quality and some wonderful vocals. Definitely recommended. Listen to sound samples of all.
1. M.C..Intro, Mum 2. Bird Thamarat, Thai Men Rumble 3. Kook Onsurang, Driver 4. Tan Rojana, Buffalo, Tan Rojana 5.Xumeth Ong-art, Try Again 6. I'm Tired 7. Brothers) 8. When the Song Begins) 9. Mosquitos 10. The Letter 11. Blessing 12. Thai flute instrumental
Limited edition long digi-pack style. Bun Baichasong is one of Thailand's most talented musicians, whose music combines Thai roots with Western music and the highest quality recording standards. Bun started his own record label on which he releases his own albums as well as by other superb artists some of which he has produced such as Sweetnuj.
1. Intro 2. Bad Debt 3. Love Form 4. Free Bird 5. Don't be Afraid 6. How to Lose 7. It's the Time For 8. Demanded the Return 9. Miss You 10. Close Your Eyes Open Your Mind 11. Folkfriend 12. Leave Me Dad 13. A Rogue Country Man 14. My Home 15. Born in Thailand
Veteran female singer, combining Thai roots and jazz, with her acclaimed 'sweet' voice. Sweet Nuj was a star in the 70s, who had her career revived in recent years by producer Bun Baichasong. Music with a melancholic feeling that recalls the golden age of Thai popular music.
1. 3G That Women Want 2. My Sweet Heart 3. Heaven Parichard Flower 4. Love -Just say Ruk 5. Remind Me of You 6. Call Center 7. Only My Cat 8. I Hate the Cold) 9. Wonderful Love 10. Slow but Sure 11. Facebook 12. Music Box Reminds Me of You
The Original Sweet Voice
First album by 'Sweet' voiced veteran singer. Accompanied by piano, guitar., violin, double bass, cello and various percussion instruments. 11 tracks.
Leelawadee Quartet are group of musicians under the leadership of Suwan Manosorn, currently a member of the Thai National Symphony Orchestra. Manosorn plays violin and accordion, with the other members playing viola, cello, flute, violin and accordion. The small chamber quartet plays Thai melodies beautifully and are joined by female singers on some tracks.
1. Ruk Puk Jai 2. Ruk Khun Kaw Laew 3. Kwam Rak Jaw Kar 4. Jai Phee 5. Saw Sa Eurn 6. Khun Ja Knon Mak Pai Laew 7. Naw Tak 8. Tee Rak 9. Pieng Kum Deaw 10. Rak Eur Rak Kar 11.Tico Tico
KHUN-IN JAZZ OF SIAM
Jazz of Siam
Khun-In Tosa-nga is the leader of this amazing band, playing the Thai Xylophone, called Ranatek. He started performing aged five, graduated in music from the College of Dramatic Arts, Bangkok, and has played with various artists from around the world. He is joined by top pianist Budinant Deeswasmongkol, bass player Veerawong Wannavijit, drummer Jeerwat Saeng-Anan with some vocals by Tassaton Chareonsap.
1. Jean Dok Mai 2. Lao Lam Pang 3. Ka Men Om Treuk 4. Soi Sang Dang 5. Ton Wo Ra Ched 6. Kak Gu Rit 7. Se Re Mao 8. Pa Ma Ram Kwan 9. Over the Rainbow
Various artists including Sweet Nuj, Dear Dorothy & Oopiibs, Mr Boom, 32 October Band, Abb Jabar and others. This CD has won several awards in Thailand in 2013. 11 tracks.
Pa Sa Ruk Jak Dog Yah 2
Very popular female lukthung singer. This is a compilation of some of her biggest hits.
1.Rai Aoi Roy Chum 2.Ruk Tee Tow Rai 3.Kaw Wow Man Bau 4.Tem Jai Hai 5.Naung Mai Mee Sit 6.Kid Haud Ee Sahn 7.Dek Pump 8.Taang Dern Ngow Ngoe Kaung Sow Glai Bahn 9.Kid Teung Bahn Nah 10.Faag Pleng Loy Lom 11.Sow Lam Phloen Raw Ruk 12.Duak Yah La Mur
Unpen Doungjai Vol.2
Orawee Sujjanon is a veteran luk grung singer. She has a Chinese mother and Thai father and has delved into luk thung music successfully as on this album. 10 tracks.
Teresa Teng Hokkien Ming Qu (2 CDs)
Double CD compilation of the legend Teresa Teng. This material is from her days between 1971-1976 when she recorded for the Malaysian/Singapore record label, Life Records, when she was at her peak as a performer. 24 tracks.
101 Etnik Melayu (5 CDs)
101 tracks over 5 CDs of Malaysian songs with an 'ethnic' flavour. Artists include P.Ramlee, Saloma, Zaleha Hamid and S.M. Salim. Recordings date from the 1970s-90s on the Warner and EMI labels.
WEI WEI WU ACOUSTIC TRIO
Wu Wu Wei is a Shanghai born erhu (violin) player, known for developing the first electronic erhu and playing while standing. On this latest album she peforms tango, Spanish, classical and other styles of music in an atmospheric setting with vocals, piano and guitar.
Dengarkanlah (2 CDs) (Audiophile Version)
Best of from one of Malaysia's greatest traditional singers. Sharifah was born in Singapore and made her name singing all kinds of traditional and roots styles in Malaysia. 24 Bit Steigern Audiophile mastering.
1. Terbanf Helang 2. Tiada Maaf Bagimu 3. Oh Di Mana 4. Irama Cintaku 5. Mawar Putih Untuk Mama 6. Cemburu 7. Kisah Yang Lalu 8. Penyakit Cinta 9. Kau Tinggi Di Awan Biru 10. Pengorbanan 11. Hapuslah Airmatamu 12. Kudaku Lari
1. Bunga Tanjung 2. Keresahan 3. Dondang Sayang 4. Jatuh Cinta 5. Jauh Di Mata 6. Seri Dewi Malam 7. Mengapa 8. Burung Pungguk 9. Impian 10. Bayangan 11. Terkenang 12. Kau Racun Hidupku
Super Dangdut (3 CDs)
3 CD compilation of the biggest stars of Malaysian dangdut.
1. Ani Maiyuni - Ada Cinta 2. Amelina, Eva & Intan - Aduh Buyung 3. Amelina - Ah Rindu Lagi 4. Ani & Iwan - Aku Cinta Padamu 5. Sheeda - Angkat Kaki 6. Ani - Apa Mahumu 7. Mas Idayu - Arjuna 8. Amelina - Asyik 9. Mas Idayu - Atas Nama Hujan 10. Iwan - Benang Biru 11. Mas Idayu - Boleh Lah Boleh 12. Sheeda - Buaya Darat 13. Eva - Bulan Cinta 14. Amelina - Cinta Bukan Sayur Asam 15. Iwan - Cinta Tak Keruan 16. Mas Idayu - Cintaku 100%
1. Ani Maiyuni - Dendang Cinta 2. Eva - 1001 Cinta 3. Amelina - Di Dadaku Ada Kamu 4. Mas Idayu - Dunia Cinta 5. Sheeda & Iwan - Gadis Atau Jandi 6. Amelina - Gendang Gendut 7. Amelina - Hangayntya Cinta 8. Mas Idayu - Hasrat Perindu 9. Eva - Jangan Bersandiwara 10. Ani Maiyuni - Kecewa Rasanya 11. Iwan - Lagu Hit Buatmu 12. Sheeda - Maznun 13. Amelina & Iwan - Memori Daun Pisang 14. Ani Maiyuni - Mengigil 15. Sheeda - Panas Dingin 16. Amelina - Rindu
1. Mas Idayu - Robek Hatiku 2. Amelina & Sheeda - Sini Cinta Sana Cinta 3. Mas Idayu - Sang Kasanova Cinta 4. Amelina & Sheed - Secangkir Madu Merah 5. Iwan - Sedang Sedang Saja 6. Ani - Sedap 7. Iwan - Sekedar Bertanya 8. Mas Idayu - Selangit 9. Amelina - Semakin Rindu Semakin Asyik 10. Mas Idayu - Senggol Sengolan, Cubit Cubitan 11. Iwan & Amelina - Sepayung Berdua 12. Ani - Terpesona 13. Eva - Tinang Tinong 14. Iwan - Tung Keripit 15. Amelina - Yang Undah Yang Hangat 16. Amelina & Iwan - Yang Tersayang
Dendang - Polynesia Mambo
New compilation by Japanese journalist and collector Katsunori Tanaka of the great Malaysian/Singaporean singer Saloma. Born in 1935, Salmah Ismail (her real name) was married to another legend, P.Ramlee, and became hugely popular in Malaysia and other countries in southeast Asia, both as a singer and actress. Her music encompassed a variety of influences including jazz, 60s pop, cha-cha, Latin and tradiitonal Malay folk. She died in 1983.
1. Polynesia Mambo 2. Lenggang Kangkong Bahru 3. Kechewa 4. Dengan Air Mata 5. Manusia 6. Keluhanku 7. Putri Berirama 8. Rintihan Jiwaku 9. Nasib Diri Ku 10. Gunong Payang 11. Doa Ibu 12. Mahligai Kayangan 13. Kasehnya Ibu 14. Kopi Susu 15. Jelingan Mata 16. Senyum Malam 17. Kenek2 Udang 18. Tari Tualang Tiga 19. Suasana Chinta 20. Tepok Amai Amai 21. Sudah Nasib 22. Tanjong Katong 23. Bakti Dialam Seni 24. Layang Layang 25. S'ribu Janji Tak Mungkin Jadi 26. Bunga Negara
KOREAN PEOPLE'S ARMY SONG AND DANCE ENSEMBLE
Guitar Quartets 1
According to the North Korean Central News Agency, this quartet plays with "diverse and individual characteristics, rich voices and unique and perfect ensemble".
1. Kim Jong Il's Birthplace Covered with Snow 2. General Star 3. Worthwhile Days of Army Life 4. Motherly Party Protecting Me 5. Soldiers on the March 6.They'll Tell about the Soldier's Love 7. Song of Bean Paste 8. Maria Mari 9. Are We Living Like in Those Days? 10. Do Prosper, the Age of the Workers' Party
POCHONBO ELECTRONIC ENSEMBLE
Fascination and Reverence Vol. 175
One of the two popular music groups in North Korea founded in the 1980s, Pochonbo Electronic Ensemble take their name from the Battle of Pochonbo in 1937, when a guerilla unit under Kim Il-Sung attacked the Japanese occupiers. They have released over 150 albums on the state body that issues recordings. Synthesizers and electric guitars, with some of the vocals by singer Hyon Song-wol. Hyon Song-wol disappeared from the music scene in 2006, is rumoured to be in a relationship with the current leader Kim Jong-un, and is married to a North Korean army officer. She made a comeback in 2012, and has been misidentified in footage showing a woman with Kim Jong-un.
1. Fascination and Reverence 2. February Is Beautiful 3. Hyon Song Wol / The Mountain Where Spring Begins 4. U Sun Hui, Kim Song Sim, Jong Il Peak / Is the First shore of Happiness 5. Our Father 6. Kim Kwang Suk / The General Longs for the People; the People Wait for Him 6. General Star 7. Hyon Song Wol / Bright Moon over My Country 8. Are You Going to the Front Again? 9. To Appear in One Place and Then Suddenly Appear in Another Like a Flash of Lightning Is a Guerrilla Style 10. Yun Hye Yong / This Is Offensive 11. Jon Hye Yong /General, Don't Walk along the Snowy Path 12. Thunder over Jong Il Peak 13. Yun Hye Yong / Song of Love for the People 14. Comrades, Let's Sing His Affection 15. The Party Is the General's Embrace
POCHONBO ELECTRONIC ENSEMBLE
Songs of the Enlightenment Period in Korea Vol. 1
Another album of synthesizers and electric guitars in patriotic tunes and songs.
1. Spring of Home Village 2.Song of the Half Moon 3. The Sigh of Cosmos 4. The Lonely Street Lamp 5. The Pier 6. Old Castle in Ruins 7. The Bachelor's Appeal 8. O My Love 9. The Tuman River Full of Memories 10. Thoughts of Friend 11. Balsam 12. The Thaw on the Taedong River
WANGJAESAN LIGHT MUSIC BAND
Wangjaesan Light Music Band Vol.85: Dance Music 12
One of the two (together with Pochonbo Electronic Ensemble) popular music groups that were established in North Korea in the 1980s by Kim Jong Il. The group takes its name from Mt. Wangjae in Onsong-gun, where Kim Il Sung is said to have fought the Japanese in 1933. Light, poppy electronic tunes.
1. Arrangement: Kim Un Ryong / Presenting Red Flowers 2. Arrangement: Ryu U Hyon / Tabor Dance 3. Arrangement: Jon Hong Guk / Blacksmiths' Dance 4. Composition: Pak Jin Guk / Flames of Melting Workshop 5. Composition: Ryu U Hyon / Forearm Dance 6. Composition: Pak Jin Guk / Shell Dance 7. Composition: Ryu U Hyon / Moving Shoulders 8. Composition: Jong Won Chol / Drum Dance 9. Arrangement: Jon Hong Guk / White Birches around the Native Home
WANGJAESAN LIGHT MUSIC BAND
Wangjaesan Light Music Band Vol.84: Dance Music 11
More sysnthesizers and guitar pop with vocals. Sort of 1970s TV theme music with Korean traditional elements.
1. Arrangement: Jong Cun Il / Soldiers Hear the Sound of Rice Ears Swaying 2. Composition: Jong Won Chol, Ryu U Hyon / Merry Is Beating Time with Feet 3. Composition: Jong Won Chol / Joy of Rich Harvest 4. Arrangement: Han Yong Chol / Brids Fly in the Forest 5. Arrangement: Jong Cun Il / Washers' Dance 6. Arrangement: Kim Un Ryong / Ongheya 7. Arrangement: Han Yong Chol / Handkerchief Dance 8. Arrangement: Ryu U Hyon / Love Song 9. Arrangement: Han Yong Chol / Golden Fruits Hang in Clusters
MANSUDAE ART TROUPE
Mansudae Art Troupe 87. Ri Yong Uk's Solos 1
The Mansudae Art Troupe was formed in 1969, creating over 1,500 songs and over 500 instrumental pieces. They have performed around the world to 'promote the friendship with the progressive peoples of the world'. Their music has been described as 'light instrumental with popular vocal'.
1. We Will Hold Leader Kim Il Sung in High Esteem Forever 2. Long Live Leader Kim Il Sung 3. Fascination 4. Sing, Folk to Mangyongdae 5. The 2000-ri Amnok River 6.Song of Annihilation throuth Encircllement 7.I Know You Only 8.Towards the Better Future 9.My Great Country
MANSUDAE ART TROUPE
Mansudae Art Troupe 84
Instrumental and vocal pieces from one of the main music troupes of North Korea.
1. Chorus / Snowstorm on Path to Front 2. Female Instrumental Ensemble / Fascination 3. Female Quartet / Taking After Soldiers in Spirit 4. Instrumental Music Quintet / Longing for the General 5. Female Solo, Ri In Suk / Do You Know, My Son with a Rifle in Hand? 6. Female Instrumental Ensemble / Out Father 7. Female Duet, Jon Gyong Ran, Mun Gyong Sun / There is Something Extraordinary in Discharged Soldiers 8. Female Instrumental Ensemble / Song of Comradeship 9. Female Quartet / His Affection Reaches Everywhere Regardless of a Distant Place 10. Instrumental Music Quartet / Best Wishes 11. Chorus / We'll Go full of Confidence
MANSUDAE ART TROUPE
Mansudae Art Troupe 82 - Jo Il Ryongs Composition 2
Selection of songs, solo, duet and chorus.
1. Female Solo, Thae Yong Suk / They Whisper to Me 2. Male Solo, Ri Ho / Lets Never Forget the Youths Feats 3. Male Solo & Female Pangchang Kim Sung Yon / Oh the Road of My Home 4. Female Duet & Pangchng Om Yong Ae, Kang Jong Ae / Lets Take Pride in Exceeding a Days Assignment 5. Female Solo & Ensemble Thae Yong Suk / Be Duitiful and Faithful Children 6. Male Solo & Female Solo /Though This Night on the Outpost Advances 7. Male Ensemble / The Victory of Socialism Is Approaching 8. Female Solo, Jon Gyong Ran, Chuk Bok / You Are Joy to All the Country 9. Male Ensemble / Lets Advance, Following the Torch of Ranam 10. Female Duet / Choe Gum Suk, Ri Yong Hui / Oh the Ryongak, a Celebrated Mountain in Pyongyang 11. Mixed Duet with Small Chorus Ri Jong Ae, Choe Ui Ju / Festival Waltz 12. Chorus / Just Give Us Order
Orchestral Pieces 3- Pyongyang is Best
Light orchestral music celebrating the capital of North Korea.
1. Song Announcing the Birth of People's Republic 2. I Know It Now 3. Don't Advance, Night of Pyongyang 4. Korea Is One 5. Pyongyang Is Best 6. First Movement: At the Crossroads 7. Second Movement: Flocks of Wild Geese Fly 8.Third Movement: Pyongyang is Best
Korean Folk Songs 3: Ballad of Mt. Kumgang
Songs about Mount Kumgang, one of the best known mountains of North Korea that has been famed for its beauty since ancient times.
1. Male Solo & Pangchang Pak In Ok / Ballad of Mt.Kumgang 2. Male Solo & Pangchang Ryum Chong / Golden Mount Ballad 3. Male Solo & Pangchang Kwon Mi Hwa / Ryonggang Ballad 4. Hwang Suk Kyong, Kim Myong Ok / Spinning Wheel Ballad 5. Male Solo Ryom Chong / Singosan Ballad 6. Bellows Ballad 7. Male Solo & Pangchang Jo Kum Hua / Tungga Ballad 8. Male Solo & Pangchang Ryum Chong 9. Ballad of the Pheasant 10. Mulberry Ballad 11. Male Solo & Pangchang Jo Kum Hua / Orange Ballad 12. Male Solo & Pangchang Li Kyong Suk / Hum Ballad 13. Male Solo & Pangchang Jo Kum Hua / Roast Chestnut Ballad 14. Bellows Ballad 15. Ballads
Korean Songs 6 : My Eternal Teacher
Songs that praise teachers in North Korea.
1. My Teacher 2. Bringing Up Future Pillars 3. Our Teacher 4. Our Kindergarten Teacher 5. Song of a Woman Teacher 6. My Teacher's Face 7. My Old School 8. Our Class Teacher 9. You Are the Future of the Motherland 10. My Unforgettable Teacher Our Teacher 11. Teacher's Song 12. Happy Birthday to You Teacher 13. My Unforgettable Teacher and School 14. Echoes over Paeksong-ri 15. Leave My Seat 16. My Eternal Teacher 17.Beautiful Is the Hero Country
Revolutionary Opera Music 2 - I'll Keep My Red Spirit Singleheartedly
Composed in the 1970s, revolutionary operas extolling immortal triumphs of the leaderships. The Sea of Blood was the first opera written, followed shortly after by A True Daughter of the Party.
1. Songs From the Revolutionary Opera The Sea of Blood 2. Songs From the Revolutionary Opera A True Daughter of the Party
Songs of Korea Vol. 169 - Let's Sing the Day of the Sun
Various North Korean luminary singers on songs about festivals and holidays.
1. Ri Pun Hui, Kim Jong Nyo, Yun Hye Yong / Let's Sing the Day of the Sun, The People Sing of the April Holiday 2. Kim Ok Suk / Our Hearts Flower in Mangyongdae, Everyone Visits Mangyongdae 3. Kim Jong Man / Spring Holiday in April, Mangyong Hill Is Finest, The People Sing of Mangyongdae 4. Kim Myong Duk, Cha Yong Ae /April Spring 5. Kim Jong Nyo / The Day of the Sun, a Spring Holiday, Let's Sing of Mangyongdae Which Is Covered with Flowers 6. So Hye Ran / Singing of Mangyong Hill, Let's Sing of the April Holiday, Song of the Sun's Day Art Festival 7. Kim Tto Sun, Ri Yong Suk/ April Festival Is Our Festival 8. Kim Ok Ju, Kim Song Sim / The Spring of Eternal Sun, The Day of the Sun, Our Eternal Holiday 9. Ham Kum Ju, Ju Chang Hyok / Our Great Holiday
THE KOREAN PEOPLE'S ARMY BAND
The Korean People's Army Band Vol.12
Army band plays patriotic songs.
1. General Kim Jong Il on the Galloping White Steed 2. My Country Is So Nice 3. Footsteps of Soldiers 4. Let Us Meet at the Front 5. Song of Mangyongdae 6. Silvery Wings 7. Song of Advance 8. Always Following Songun Revolution 9. We Will Go Forward Confidently 10. Forever Our Friendship
THE KOREAN PEOPLE'S ARMY SONGS AND DANCE ENSEMBLE
Songs of Korea Vol. 59: Choruses of the Korean People's Army Song and Dance Ensemble 7
The musical wing of the Korean People's Army, the militaty forces of North Korea. Male choral versions of patriotic songs.
1. Male Chorus / The General Drives White Horse 2. Male Chorus / Lets Go, Brindled Ox 3. Male Chorus / Song of Mt.Maebong 4. Male Chorus / For the Revolution 5. Male Chorus / I'll Surely Come Back, Following the General 6. Male Chorus / Long Live the Great Juche Idea! 7. Male Chorus / Our Leader 8. Male Chorus / My Song in Trench 9. Male Chorus / The Embrace of the Homeland 10. Male Chorus / The Real State of Korea 11. Male Chorus / Korea, Sing This Pride 12. Male Chorus / Best Wishes
THE KOREAN PEOPLE'S ARMY SONG AND DANCE ENSEMBLE
The Korean People's Army Song and Dance Ensemble Vol. 28
More patriotic songs from the State Military ensemble.
1. Paektu, the mountain of the Sun 2. O Pyongyang My Love 3. Kim Il Sung's History 4. Spring Scenery Mansu Hill 5. Unforgettable Memory of Pyongyang 6. The General's Soldiers Are by You 7. Song of A-Match-For-a-Hundred 8. I'm Fond of the Calling of Soldier 9. We Started from the Sqaure of the Monument to Victorious Fatherland Liberation War 10. People Sing of Sceneries in the Songun Era of My Country 11. Soldiers, Dance a Dance 12. Wonderful, the Sceneries in the Songun Era 13. Uncommon Scenery of Beans 14. Dance and Sing With the Pride of Victory
Haegum- Korean two stringed fiddle- played by a master musician, in a contemporary setting. Solo haegum in semi-improvisations, accompanied by guitar, and Korean percussion. Wonderful.
1. Lonesome Thinking (10:48) 2. Sadness (7:13) 3. Arirang Medley (11:19) 4. Haegeum Sanjo of Ji Young-Hui School (10:50) 5. Birds' Singing (6:57) 6. Korean Folk Song Medley (14:01)
Korean traditional instruments played in improvisation and various combinations. Baek In-Young has taken his music around the world, performing in more than 20 countries.
1. Autumn Moon and Long River - Jinyang (2:52) 2. Autumn Moon and Long River - Joong-mori (3:09) 3. Autumn Moon and Long River - Semachi (2:24) 4. Autumn Moon and Long River - Dong-Salpuri (2:35) 5. Autumn Moon and Long River - Moojangdan (2:07) 6. In the Field after the Harvest (16:00) 7. Improvisation I (10:44) 8. Improvisation II (10:17)
Pop Yeh Yeh, Pujaan 60an (6CDs)
Six CD compilation of pop yeh yeh, popular western influenced music popular in Malaysia, Singapore and Brunei in the 1960s. The term itself comes from the Beatles - She Loves You (yeah, yeah,yeah) although this term was coined in the revival of pop yeh-yeh in the 1980s.
Kroncong Tempo Doeloe
Compilation of 1950s and 60s recordings by kroncong singer Netty. At the age of 8, in 1936, Netty won a kroncong singing competition, and went on to become one of the most popular singers of her day.
1. Kr. Moritsku 2. Stambul Pusaka 3. Kr. Kemajoran 4. Persi Rusak 5. Kitjir-Kitjir 6. Stambul Kaju Api 7. Kr. Miss Ribut 8. Kr. Pastorale 9. Awan 10. Kr. Pulau Kenangan 11. Stambul Djauh Dimata 12. Rajuan Pulau Kelapa 13. Kr. Berdjumpa Diri 14. Kr. Tanah Airku 15. Kr. Gema Irama 16. Kr. Melatiku 17. Kr. Telemojo 18. Kr. Mawar Mekar 19. Kr. Senandung Malam 20. Kr. Malam Kenangang 21. Kr. Tulisam Pudjangga 22. Telaga Sarangan 23. Menanti Bahagia 24. Tetap Pudjanmu 25. Kisah Tjinta
THE FAVOURITE'S GROUP
Favourite's Group were one of the biggest stars of the Indonesian music scene of the 1970s. Influenced mainly by American pop, a kind of The Mamas & The Papas with an Indonesian flavour.
1. Mawar Berduri 2. Angin Malam 3. Seuntai Bunga Tanda Cinta 4. Ingin Marah Silahkan 5. Mimpi Sedih 6. Cari Kawan Lain 7. Cinta Monyet 8. Selamat Bertemu 9. Liku-Liku Hidup 10. Kasih Sayang 11. Rek Ayo Rek 12. Oh Kasihan 13. Setulus Hatimu Semurni Cintamu 14. Si Anu Bilang 15. Sebelum Kau Pergi 16. Biarkan Bunga Berkembang 17. Kau Paling Manis 18. Maaf Sebelumnya 19. Mengapa Malu-Malu 20. Nona Anna
Live Duet Moneta (Karya H., Rhoma Irama)
One of the stars of dangdut, performing the songs of and in duet with the great Rhoma Irama.
1. Syalala 2. Derita 3. Pesona 4. Cinta Segi Tiga 5. Cari Jodoh 6. Bunga Surga 7. Cinta Kembar 8. Raja Dan Ratu 9. Renungku 10. Kelam 11. Hutang Budi 12. Kesunyian
HETTY KOES ENDANG
Sorga & Neraka
Classic 80s keroncong from one of the finest singers of the time.
1. Sorga & Neraka 2. Kau Satu Milikku 3. Hancurnya Sebuah Harapan 4. Jawapan Cintaku Sedalam Atlantic 5. Jejaka 6. Hatiku Hatimu Jua 7. Sampai Kapankah Berakhir Kasih 8. Kasih 9. Bunga Bunga Asmara 10. Nama Dihatiku
Album Keroncong Abadi Vol.1
New album from veteran keroncong singer, born in 1956. Features the song 'Bengawan Solo'.
1. Terkenang 2. Mawar Merah 3. Jangan Ditanya Kemana Aku Pergi 4. Lenggang Surabaya 5. Mawar Sekuntum 6. Bengawan Solo 7. Nasib Ambarawa 8. Jakarta Indah 9. Patriot Indonesia 10. Tiduriah Intan
Indonesian Folksongs - Central Kalimantan
Quick geography lesson: Kalimantan is the Indonesian part of the island of Borneo, making up about 3/4 of the total area. The other parts of the island are Brunei and East Malaysia (Sabah and Sarawak). This CD is of the folk music of Central Kalimantan. Includes English liner notes Includes the songs Manasai, O Indang O Apang, Tumpi Wayu, Sabaru, Petak Danom Batarung, Juan Nantore, Lawongku Utosku.
Early Popular Music of Indonesia (2 CDs)
Compiled by Katsunori Tanaka, early examples of Indonesian pop music, including kroncong, roots dangdut, pop sunda, and pop Indonesia.
1. Krontjong Orchest Euraisa / Krontjong Toegoe 2. Miss Ribout / Stamboel 2 Orion 3. Tan Theng Bok / Krontjong Dardanella 4. Miss Dja / Mangga Golek 5. Nji Moerish / Extra Geboji 6. Malay Bangawan 7. Ahmad CB / Malam Sunyi 8. Miss Brintik Semarang / Krontjong Miss Brintik 9. Siti Amsah / Stamboel Sinar Boelan Di Honolulu 10. Siti Amsah / Stamboel Sinar Boelan Di Honolulu 11. S. Abdullah / Fadjar Blues 12. Miss Annie Landow / Tawangmangoe 13. Miss Annie / Mendjoewai Kembang 14. Miss Annie & Botol Kosong / Leloetjon Ijs Lilin 15. Rubiah & M. Yatim / Dewi Murni 16. Norma Man / Anak Palembang 17. Ahmad CB / Wanita Ketawa 18. P. Ramlee / Ba Idah 19. Momo / Singapura Di Kampong Jawa 20. Nona A. Siah / Sapu Tangan 21. Ribut Rawit / Gambang Semarang 22. Ribut Rawit / Gado-Gado Jakarta 23. Saloma / Selamat Hari Raya 24. Saloma / Chiki Chiki Boom 25. Abdul Rahman & Julia / Rasa Sayang Mambo
1. Irama Trio (vo. Herijati & Binng Slamet) / Terang Bulan 2. Irama Special Trio (vo. Ratna & Adi) / Impian Semalam 3. Irama Trio (vo. Samsaimun) / Dibawah Sinar Bulan Pernama 4. Effendi / Semalam Di Malaya 5. Hasnah Tahar / Disuati Masa 6. Suhaimi / Dunia 7. Effendi / Nasib Kenangan 8. A. Kadir / Muzalifah 9. Jetty / Aksi Kutijing 10. Sumiati & Utji / Surilang 11. Sumiati / Kembang Katjang 12. Upit Sarimanah / Mangle 13. Juni Amir / Oi Kampuang 14. Meity Joseph / Muri-Muria 15. Bob Tutupolly / Mande Mande 16. Orkes Sinondang Tapian Na Uli / Butet 17. Tietiek Puspa / Ajam Den Lapeh 18. Tuty Daulay / Budjang Dirantau 19. Adi / Papaja Cha Cha 20. Munif / Ya Mahmud 21. Oslan Husein / Bengawan Solo 22. Rachmat Kartolo / Patah Hati 23. Koes Bersaudara / Aku Rindu 24. Dara Puspita / Mari Mari 25. Ratna / Rajuan Pulau Kelapa
PHAM THI HUE
Ca Tru -Singing House
Wonderful CD of Vietnamese ca tru, ceremonial singing, an art form that dates back eleven centurries. Traditionally singers and instrumentalists often lived together,according to family lines. Female singer Pham Thi Hue organizes a regular tri-weekly performance of ca tru music in Hanoi, where this CD was purchased. Simple, female vocals accompanied by the dan day, a long necked three stringed lute, and phach (small wooden sticks beaten on a piece bamboo)
1. Thet Nhac 2. Giei Thue 3. Chue Nhan 4. Phan Hong Nhan 5. Giai Nhan Nan Tai Dac 6. Trang An Hoai Co
Rough Guide to the Music of China
New edition comes with free bonus CD by Hanggai. Compiled and liner notes by Paul Fisher. From 1930s Shanghai to the present day, folk to classical, roots to revolutionary.
1. Zhang Yi Wen: Shanghai Xiao Jie (Miss Shanghai) (3:36) 2.Shanren: 30 Years (4:48) 3. Xie Tian Xiao: The Tide, It Knows Not Why (5:16) 4.Jah Wobble & The Chinese Dub Orchestra: L1 Dub (6:36) 5. Red Chamber: Sunny Spring And White Snow (3:55) 6. Min Huifen: Yangguan Pass Melody - Three Variations (6:03) 7. Second Hand Rose: Picking a Flower (5:24) 8. Urna: Uran Tangnai (3:54) 9.Mieko Miyazaku & Guo Gan: Sai Ma (7:17)
10. Chang Jing: In The Past (3:41) 11. Li Guyi: A Bosom Friend (4:01) 12.Panjir: Panjir (6:51) 13. Cold Fairyland: Shadow Play (4:48) 14.Hang On The Box: Koniqiwa Tokyo (2:51) 15.The Shanghai Restoration Project: Night Life In Shanghai (Shanghai Restoration Project Remix) (5:26) 16.Bai Guang: Qiu Ye (Autumn Night) (3:56) 17. Liu Fang: Dao Chui Liu Dehai (4:06) 18. Guo Lanying: My Motherland (6:25)
Bonus CD: Hanggai
1.My Banjo And I (4:57) 2. Yekul Song (4:08) 3.Zhaoderen Nana (3:13) 4. Five Heroes (6:44) 5.Flowers (4:15) 6. Haar Hu (4:37) 7. Wuji (3:49) 8. Lullaby (Borulai) (5:08) 9. Drinking Song (5:14) 10.Four Seasons (6:22)