Superb album originally released in 2007 of kroncong by singer Ubiet from Jakarta. Ubiet is a collaborator with film music composers Dian HP and Riza Arshad, while her group, also called Kroncong Tenggara infuse the Portuguese influenced kroncong with elements of tango, jazz and local pop music. Overall this album is of classic style kroncong, beautifully performed.
1.Kroncong Kemayoran 2.Aksi Kucing 3.Gambang Semarang 4.Kroncong Tenggara 5.Kroncong Pasar Gambir 6.Cinta Pertama 7.Kroncong Sapulidi 8.Senja di Pelabuhan Kecil 9.Di Bawah Sinar Bulan Purnama (Bonus Track)
Degung for Christmas
Sundanese gamelan versions of Christmas tunes.
1. Silent Night 2. The First Noel 3. White Christmas 4. Whispering Hope 5. Santa Claus is Coming to Town 6. Jingle Bells 7. We Wish you a Merry Christmas 8. Joy to the World 9. When a Child is Born 10. Auld Lang Syne
Christmas in Bali
Balinese Gamelan versions of Christmas tunes- oh and a new year one too.
1. Jingle Bells 2. Silent Night 3. Hark the Herald Angels Sing 4. Joy to the World 5. Go Tell it On the Mountain 6. I'll Be Home for Christmas 7. We Wish You a Merry Christmas 8. Here Comes Santa Claus 9. Frosty The Snowman 10. The First Noel 11. Adeste Fideles 12. Santa Claus is Coming to Town 13. Auld Lang Syne
18 Golden Years (2 CDs)
Compilation of lukthung/morlam singer Mike Pirimporn to mark his 18th year as a singer.
1. Ya jai khon jon 2. Kai rang tang ngarn 3. Ruean hor hong chao 4. Yark hai ther kao jai 5. Kum lung jai nai waew ta 6. Dao jai fah 7. Poo yoo beung lung 8. Ma der kwan aey 9. Norrachard wang wai 10. Jor mor por 5 11. Yark ded dork fah 12. Waew ta tee took mern 13. Kae kaek rub chern 14. Bon sen tarng sai derm 15. Tang look rung 16. Niew nang kang sai
1. Duay rang hang rak 2. Mai sai kern ror 3. Tee peung khon klai 4. Ror sai jai sung ma 5. Took bung kub duay kwam kid theung 6. Nuk soo mor 3 7. Nuey mai khon dee 8. Pah kaw bon bah sai 9. Dum na none(Huk sao say no) 10. Look sao nai jarng 11. Lakorn chee vit 12. Kor khon roo jai 13. Tai saeng neon 14. Puer rak puer rao 15. Yung rak kan yoo rue plow 16. Hua jai sa on
Thai Classical - Thai Dulcimer Solo (Kim)
Album of solo Khim (hammered dulcimer) one of the representative Thai traditional instruments. The Khim has 42 strings and is played with bamboo sticks. It is thought the Khim was introduced into Thailand from China.
1. Lao Seang Tean 2. Lao Duang Daoen 3. Lao Kra Thop Mai 4. Lao Kum Hom 5. Lao Charoen Sri 6. Lao Dum-nern Sai 7. Lao Khroun 8. Lao Lum Pang 9. Lao Laong Nan 10. Lao Jao Su 11. Lao Kra Tae
The Overture - Original Soundtrack
Soundtrack to 2004 Thai film based on the fictionalised life story of a Thai palace musician Luang Pradit Phairoh. It follows his life as a classical musician from the late 19th century until the 1940s. The film won several awards and was entered into the Academy Awards as Best Foreign Language Film. The film helped to popularize Thai Classical music in Thailand. The soundtrack features mostly Thai traditional music plus some original film score.
1.Assajun -Miracle composed by Petch Marr and Pijika) 2. Kaek bor-ra-tes 3.Ton Worrachet 4. Kum warn 5. Kra-tai ten 6. Lao duang duen 7. Hom rong pra-derm chai 8. Hom rong um-ma-baht 9. Hom rong chor paka 10. Home rong jeen dok mai 11. Saen kum-nueng
Tracks 2-11 traditional Thai music performed by Chaibhuk Bhutrachinda, Korphai and Narongrit Tosa-nga
12.Raek phob 13.Terd toh 14. Berk barn 15. Sum nuek 16. Chai-cha-na 17. Kwam wung
12-17 are from the original score by Chatchai Pongrapaphan
Thai Classical Music - The Overture
Thai classical inspired by the film, The Overture.
1. Lao-Doung-Duen 2. Kang Kao Gin Gluay 3. Saean Kam Noung 4. Torn Vor Ra CHed 5. Come Wan 6. Yuan Klow 7. Lao Doung Duen 8. Kub Mai Bun Dor 9. As Sa Va Lee La 10. Sa La Tee 11. Lom Pad Chai Kao 12. Pa Ya Dern
Thai Classical Music: Trae Wong Yai - Klong Yaaw (3 CDs)
Excellent overview of all kinds of Thai traditional instruments and styles on 3 CDs.
Thai Classical Music - All Four Regions Complete Set (4 CDs)
Thai classical instrumenal ceremonial music from north, south, east and west Thailand. 4 CDs, 24 tracks.
Best of the Year 2013
Compilation from the RS label in Thailand. Pop music, most notable is the final track a collaboration of pop group 3.2.1 with lukthung singer Baituey, a big hit in Thailand this year.
1. Sunshine- Kum ka khon 2. Flame -Khob oak sue mai dai 3. Dr. Fuu -Mai mee hai jai : Dr.Fuu 4. Karamail - Wun sood tai : Karamail 5.Neko Jump Look- Look si! 6. 3.2.1. Ter mee kao (White Flag) 7. Four Mod - Yark dai fan kao perm mai 8.Timethai - Fan pun tor (Spy) : Timethai 9. Thank You - Yark klub pai pen puean ter (Unfriended Request) 10. Fah - Fan kao kor ngao pen 11. Knomjean- Tum jai mai dai (I can't) 12. Eak Surachet -Tee ruk (ter) 13. Fai Am Fine - Mai yark dai fan mai 14. Benze Prikthai- Ngieb tummai 15. Parn Thanaporn- Chun mai dai..krai kor tong mai dai : (OST 'Buang Barb') 220.127.116.11 feat. Baituey - Ruk tong perd (Splash Out)
Geomungo Factory are a four piece group playing Geomungo, a traditional long zither with six strings. The group play five different geomungos, plus gayageum, in original pieces over a kaleidoscope of sounds and textures, from delicate to jarring, with an experimental edge. Have played at WOMEX in 2012, performed in the UK in 2013, and this CD has been well reviewed by western media, although until now has remained rather elusive.
1. Jirirariru (Everybody Stand Up!) 2. Jeong-jung-dong (Movement on Silence) 3. Geomungo & Tango 4. Byeolgeumja (The Starry Night) 5. Dream of the Tree 6. Sky, Wind, Star and Poem 7. Nightmare of Blind Sound (Groundless Fear) 8. To a Free Bird (Fly to the Sky) 9. Illang Illang 10. Hwan-yu (Cycle of the Sound)
Korean traditional instruments, including haegum, piri and geomungo, meets electronic post rock with some more reflective moments. Performed at WOMEX 13 in Cardiff. Nine tracks.
Rock Dang Dangdut XPDC Style
Malaysian rock versions of dangdut classics. Originals were sung by Rhoma Irama, Elvy Sukaesih and others, and take on a new lease of life
1. Ary (Fahrenheit) - Kopi Dangdut 2. Kristal - Rindu 3. Ija - Penasaran 4. Yabang - Cubit-Cubitan 5. Abot - Penawar Rindu 6. Yabang - Aku Semut Merah 7. Faizul (Rock Orang Kampuang) - Boneka India 8. Abot - Kerana Pengalaman 9. Ary (Fahrenheit) - Asam Di Gunung Garam Di Laut 10. Ary (Fahrenheit) - Cinta Sabun Mandi 11. Abot - Cintaku Terbahagi Dua 12. Kristal - Sejati 13. Kristal - Cinta 14. Kristal - Insan
Hari Raya- the end of the fasting season of Ramadan- complilation from Malaysia's most popular female singer. Rootsy Malay pop.
1. Sesuci Lebaran 2. Nazam Lebaran 3. Air Mata Syawal 4. Anugerah Aidilfitri 5. Meriah Suasana Hari Raya 6. Bila Hari Raya Menjelma 7. Mekar Hari Raya 8. Suara Takbir 9. Anugerah Aidilfitri (Instrumental) 10. Sesuci Lebaran (Instrumental)
Siriporn Ampaipong Vol.15 - Hua Nah Gang Sao Suer Dum
New album from the ever popular morlam/lukthung singer from Isaan. 15 tracks.
Hi-Fi Thai Country
New recordings of Thai 'country' style music. High quality and beautiful recordings of rootsy, jazzy tunes by young musicians and singers with a flavour of the 1940s or 50s but in superb quality and some wonderful vocals. Definitely recommended. Listen to sound samples of all.
1. M.C..Intro, Mum 2. Bird Thamarat, Thai Men Rumble 3. Kook Onsurang, Driver 4. Tan Rojana, Buffalo, Tan Rojana 5.Xumeth Ong-art, Try Again 6. I'm Tired 7. Brothers) 8. When the Song Begins) 9. Mosquitos 10. The Letter 11. Blessing 12. Thai flute instrumental
Limited edition long digi-pack style. Bun Baichasong is one of Thailand's most talented musicians, whose music combines Thai roots with Western music and the highest quality recording standards. Bun started his own record label on which he releases his own albums as well as by other superb artists some of which he has produced such as Sweetnuj.
1. Intro 2. Bad Debt 3. Love Form 4. Free Bird 5. Don't be Afraid 6. How to Lose 7. It's the Time For 8. Demanded the Return 9. Miss You 10. Close Your Eyes Open Your Mind 11. Folkfriend 12. Leave Me Dad 13. A Rogue Country Man 14. My Home 15. Born in Thailand
Veteran female singer, combining Thai roots and jazz, with her acclaimed 'sweet' voice. Sweet Nuj was a star in the 70s, who had her career revived in recent years by producer Bun Baichasong. Music with a melancholic feeling that recalls the golden age of Thai popular music.
1. 3G That Women Want 2. My Sweet Heart 3. Heaven Parichard Flower 4. Love -Just say Ruk 5. Remind Me of You 6. Call Center 7. Only My Cat 8. I Hate the Cold) 9. Wonderful Love 10. Slow but Sure 11. Facebook 12. Music Box Reminds Me of You
The Original Sweet Voice
First album by 'Sweet' voiced veteran singer. Accompanied by piano, guitar., violin, double bass, cello and various percussion instruments. 11 tracks.
Leelawadee Quartet are group of musicians under the leadership of Suwan Manosorn, currently a member of the Thai National Symphony Orchestra. Manosorn plays violin and accordion, with the other members playing viola, cello, flute, violin and accordion. The small chamber quartet plays Thai melodies beautifully and are joined by female singers on some tracks.
1. Ruk Puk Jai 2. Ruk Khun Kaw Laew 3. Kwam Rak Jaw Kar 4. Jai Phee 5. Saw Sa Eurn 6. Khun Ja Knon Mak Pai Laew 7. Naw Tak 8. Tee Rak 9. Pieng Kum Deaw 10. Rak Eur Rak Kar 11.Tico Tico
KHUN-IN JAZZ OF SIAM
Jazz of Siam
Khun-In Tosa-nga is the leader of this amazing band, playing the Thai Xylophone, called Ranatek. He started performing aged five, graduated in music from the College of Dramatic Arts, Bangkok, and has played with various artists from around the world. He is joined by top pianist Budinant Deeswasmongkol, bass player Veerawong Wannavijit, drummer Jeerwat Saeng-Anan with some vocals by Tassaton Chareonsap.
1. Jean Dok Mai 2. Lao Lam Pang 3. Ka Men Om Treuk 4. Soi Sang Dang 5. Ton Wo Ra Ched 6. Kak Gu Rit 7. Se Re Mao 8. Pa Ma Ram Kwan 9. Over the Rainbow
Various artists including Sweet Nuj, Dear Dorothy & Oopiibs, Mr Boom, 32 October Band, Abb Jabar and others. This CD has won several awards in Thailand in 2013. 11 tracks.
Pa Sa Ruk Jak Dog Yah 2
Very popular female lukthung singer. This is a compilation of some of her biggest hits.
1.Rai Aoi Roy Chum 2.Ruk Tee Tow Rai 3.Kaw Wow Man Bau 4.Tem Jai Hai 5.Naung Mai Mee Sit 6.Kid Haud Ee Sahn 7.Dek Pump 8.Taang Dern Ngow Ngoe Kaung Sow Glai Bahn 9.Kid Teung Bahn Nah 10.Faag Pleng Loy Lom 11.Sow Lam Phloen Raw Ruk 12.Duak Yah La Mur
Unpen Doungjai Vol.2
Orawee Sujjanon is a veteran luk grung singer. She has a Chinese mother and Thai father and has delved into luk thung music successfully as on this album. 10 tracks.
Teresa Teng Hokkien Ming Qu (2 CDs)
Double CD compilation of the legend Teresa Teng. This material is from her days between 1971-1976 when she recorded for the Malaysian/Singapore record label, Life Records, when she was at her peak as a performer. 24 tracks.
101 Etnik Melayu (5 CDs)
101 tracks over 5 CDs of Malaysian songs with an 'ethnic' flavour. Artists include P.Ramlee, Saloma, Zaleha Hamid and S.M. Salim. Recordings date from the 1970s-90s on the Warner and EMI labels.
WEI WEI WU ACOUSTIC TRIO
Wu Wu Wei is a Shanghai born erhu (violin) player, known for developing the first electronic erhu and playing while standing. On this latest album she peforms tango, Spanish, classical and other styles of music in an atmospheric setting with vocals, piano and guitar.
Dengarkanlah (2 CDs) (Audiophile Version)
Best of from one of Malaysia's greatest traditional singers. Sharifah was born in Singapore and made her name singing all kinds of traditional and roots styles in Malaysia. 24 Bit Steigern Audiophile mastering.
1. Terbanf Helang 2. Tiada Maaf Bagimu 3. Oh Di Mana 4. Irama Cintaku 5. Mawar Putih Untuk Mama 6. Cemburu 7. Kisah Yang Lalu 8. Penyakit Cinta 9. Kau Tinggi Di Awan Biru 10. Pengorbanan 11. Hapuslah Airmatamu 12. Kudaku Lari
1. Bunga Tanjung 2. Keresahan 3. Dondang Sayang 4. Jatuh Cinta 5. Jauh Di Mata 6. Seri Dewi Malam 7. Mengapa 8. Burung Pungguk 9. Impian 10. Bayangan 11. Terkenang 12. Kau Racun Hidupku
Super Dangdut (3 CDs)
3 CD compilation of the biggest stars of Malaysian dangdut.
1. Ani Maiyuni - Ada Cinta 2. Amelina, Eva & Intan - Aduh Buyung 3. Amelina - Ah Rindu Lagi 4. Ani & Iwan - Aku Cinta Padamu 5. Sheeda - Angkat Kaki 6. Ani - Apa Mahumu 7. Mas Idayu - Arjuna 8. Amelina - Asyik 9. Mas Idayu - Atas Nama Hujan 10. Iwan - Benang Biru 11. Mas Idayu - Boleh Lah Boleh 12. Sheeda - Buaya Darat 13. Eva - Bulan Cinta 14. Amelina - Cinta Bukan Sayur Asam 15. Iwan - Cinta Tak Keruan 16. Mas Idayu - Cintaku 100%
1. Ani Maiyuni - Dendang Cinta 2. Eva - 1001 Cinta 3. Amelina - Di Dadaku Ada Kamu 4. Mas Idayu - Dunia Cinta 5. Sheeda & Iwan - Gadis Atau Jandi 6. Amelina - Gendang Gendut 7. Amelina - Hangayntya Cinta 8. Mas Idayu - Hasrat Perindu 9. Eva - Jangan Bersandiwara 10. Ani Maiyuni - Kecewa Rasanya 11. Iwan - Lagu Hit Buatmu 12. Sheeda - Maznun 13. Amelina & Iwan - Memori Daun Pisang 14. Ani Maiyuni - Mengigil 15. Sheeda - Panas Dingin 16. Amelina - Rindu
1. Mas Idayu - Robek Hatiku 2. Amelina & Sheeda - Sini Cinta Sana Cinta 3. Mas Idayu - Sang Kasanova Cinta 4. Amelina & Sheed - Secangkir Madu Merah 5. Iwan - Sedang Sedang Saja 6. Ani - Sedap 7. Iwan - Sekedar Bertanya 8. Mas Idayu - Selangit 9. Amelina - Semakin Rindu Semakin Asyik 10. Mas Idayu - Senggol Sengolan, Cubit Cubitan 11. Iwan & Amelina - Sepayung Berdua 12. Ani - Terpesona 13. Eva - Tinang Tinong 14. Iwan - Tung Keripit 15. Amelina - Yang Undah Yang Hangat 16. Amelina & Iwan - Yang Tersayang
Dendang - Polynesia Mambo
New compilation by Japanese journalist and collector Katsunori Tanaka of the great Malaysian/Singaporean singer Saloma. Born in 1935, Salmah Ismail (her real name) was married to another legend, P.Ramlee, and became hugely popular in Malaysia and other countries in southeast Asia, both as a singer and actress. Her music encompassed a variety of influences including jazz, 60s pop, cha-cha, Latin and tradiitonal Malay folk. She died in 1983.
1. Polynesia Mambo 2. Lenggang Kangkong Bahru 3. Kechewa 4. Dengan Air Mata 5. Manusia 6. Keluhanku 7. Putri Berirama 8. Rintihan Jiwaku 9. Nasib Diri Ku 10. Gunong Payang 11. Doa Ibu 12. Mahligai Kayangan 13. Kasehnya Ibu 14. Kopi Susu 15. Jelingan Mata 16. Senyum Malam 17. Kenek2 Udang 18. Tari Tualang Tiga 19. Suasana Chinta 20. Tepok Amai Amai 21. Sudah Nasib 22. Tanjong Katong 23. Bakti Dialam Seni 24. Layang Layang 25. S'ribu Janji Tak Mungkin Jadi 26. Bunga Negara