Shibusai Kayou Taizen
The brilliant Shibusashirazu with their first album of Japanese pop covers with various guest vocalists including Sandii, Kan Mikami, Michiro Endo, Miu Sakamoto, Kunihiro Izumi and Shinichi Watabe.
1. Kaero Kana 2. Isshuukan 3. Koi Ha Yume Iro 4. Swallowtail Butterfly-ai No Uta- 5. Tasogare No Begin 6. Rydeen 7. Yume Ha Yoru Hiraku 8. Watari 9. Kuroi Hanabira 10. Akkan 11. Ponta De Areia 12. Kimi Ha Kotaeyo
YOSHIYUKI KAWAGUCHI WITH SHIBUSASHIRAZU ORCHESTRA
Shibu-Kuri Live - Shibu Hen
Live DVD featuring Yoshiyuki Kawaguchi, who plays with Kuricorder Quartet and Shibusashirazu. This DVD is a live concert of his Shibu side. Crazy stuff.
1. Pythagoraswitch Opening Theme 2. Hiotoko 3. Inuhime 5. Koutei 6. Pejie 7. Mayonese Dai Nidan 8. Gekka no Ichigun 9. Sentou
YOSHIYUKI KAWAGUCHI WITH KURICORDER QUARTET
Shibu-Kuri Live - Kuri Hen
And this live DVD is of Yoshiyuki Kawaguchi mainly of his Kuricorder Quartet side.
1. Pythagoraswitch Opening Theme 2. Hiotoko 3. Naadam 4. Inuhime 5. Honda Komuten 6. Hikoki 7. Koutei 8. Pejie 9. Aine Kraine Nahatomujiku 10. Tsumetaku Shinaide 11. Mayonese Dai Nidan 12. Gekka no Ichigun 13. Umi o Wataru Kaze
YOSHIYUKI KAWAGUCHI WITH SHIBUSASHIRAZU ORCHESTRA
Shibu-Kuri Live - Ware Shibukuri
Outakes from the recording session for the Shibusashirazu meets Kuricorder Quartet album, Shibu-Kuri, which for various reasons didn't make the final album. Nevertheless, these were deemed interesting enough to put on this album, togther with some live tracks from their much praised live show.
1. Pythagoraswitch Opening Theme 2. Mayonnaise Dai-niban 3. Hotel Lasalle 1986 4. Pythagoraswitch Opening Theme 5. Pejie 6. Mayonnaise Dai-niban 7. Hotel Lasalle 1986 8. Up On A Moon Hill-keirin Wo Kudatte Tuki No Oka Wo Noboru- 9. Gekka No Ichigun 10. Inuhime 11. Pejie 12. Sutekichi 13. Senzu 14. Hikoki
YOSHIYUKI KAWAGUCHI WITH KURICORDER QUARTET AND SHIBUSASHIRAZU ORCHESTRA
Shibu-Kuri Live - Nama Shibukuri
Shibu-Kuri live, celebrating the release of the album Shibu-Kuri, a joint project of two of Japan's great innovative bands,
1. Pythagoraswitch Opening Theme 2. Pejie 3. Pejie 4. Hyottoko 5. Hyottoko 6. Mayonnaise Dai-niban 7. Mayonnaise Dai-niban 8. Koutei 9. Koutei 10. Up On A Moon Hill -keirin Wo Kudatte Tuki No Oka Ni Noboru- 11. Up On A Moon Hill -keirin Wo Kudatte Tuki No Oka Ni Noboru- 12. Hotel Lasalle 1986 13. Gekka No Ichigun 14. Naadam 15. Hikouki 16. Gekka No Ichigun 17. Inuhime 18. Pythagoraswitch Opening Theme
Shibu-Yotabi (CD + DVD)
Celebrating their 20 year anniversary, new recordings of some of their most popular tunes. Limited edition CD plus DVD. CD has 10 tracks and DVD has four live performances, two from Japan in 2009, plus one each from France (2007) and Ukraine (2005)
YOSHIYUKI KAWAGUCHI WITH KURICORDER QUARTET & SHIBUSASHIRAZU
Shibu-Kuri - Shibusa Plays Kuricorder vs. Kuricorder Plays Shibusa
Yoshiyuki Kawaguchi is a wind instrument player. Among the many groups he has played with, are Shibusashirazu, for whom he plays sax, and Kuricorder Quarter, when he plays recorder. On this album, Kawaguchi and his band mates from each group play the music of the other group. A bit of a bizzare idea, but these kinds of musicians are full of wonderful and weird ideas.
1. Pitagora Switch Opening Theme 2. Mayonese Dainidan 3. Honda Komuten no Theme 4. Hotel La Salle 1986 5. Naadam 6. Gekka no Ichigun 7. Up On A Moon Hill 8. Kotei 9. Umi o Wataru Kaze 10. Hikohki 11. Hiotoko 12. Gekka no Ichigun 13. Peje 14. Inuhime
Paris Shibu Bukyoku (Live in Paris 2007) (2 CD + Limited Edition DVD)
The brilliant Shibusashirazu live from Paris at the Maison de la Culture du Japon September 29th 2007, the last date of their European tour. First pressing comes with DVD of We Are a Fisherman Band (18 mins).
CD1. 1. Barthasar (5:53) 2. Matatabi (21:34) 3. Hiro Kun on the Corner (3:51) 4. Fight on the Corner (15:55) 5. We Are a Fisherman Band: Introduction (2:30)
CD2. 1. We Are a Fisherman Band (5:03) 2. Watabe's MC (2:34) 3. We Are a Fisherman Band (3:29) 4. Lion (11:11) 5. Hikouki (9:08) 6. Naadam (14:24) 7.Theme of Honda Komuten (12:26) 8. Senzu (1:03) 9. Sutekichi (1:27)
Fedayien is a kind of scaled down version of Shibusashirazu. The group features the same musicians, Naohiro Kawashita, (soprano and tenor saxes, violin) Daisuke Fuwa (bass) and Shiro Onuma (drums) plus the Shibusa horns, Kazu Nakahara on guitar plus Butoh dancers. This album was recorded live at the Moers New Jazz Festival '96. Four extraordinary tracks. 1. Umi 2. Dava Dava Daba 3. Capplypso 4. Fuwarumba
Studio album from 2000 featuring the 3 Fedayiens Naohiro Kawashita (saxes, violin) Daisuke Fuwa (bass, effects) Shirou Onuma (drums) plus guests Keisuke Ohta (violin) Shunji Yamamoto (flute) Kazutoki Umezu (alto sax) and Kouichi Yamazaki (bass). Free jazz meets grunge like rock plus some quiter moments. 1. River-Umi 2. Ume Rocko 3. Neopolitan 4. Capplyso 5. River Space 6. Toki.
First studio album since 1995's "Be Cool". 30 piece brass, violin, guitar, percussion group are joined by three members of the Sun Ra Arkestra- on alto sax Marshall Allen, trumpeter Michael Ray and percussionist Elson Nascimento. The result is a stunning kaleidoscopic wall of sound, screaming saxes, manic drumming, percussion, and wailing guitars, that ebbs and flows between just the slightly odd and pure mayhem. Fantastic stuff.
Album of live recording. Released in 2001.
Recorded just before they went to Europe in 1998 and released in 1999.
11 piece band on an album that swings, released in 1998.
Funk and innovative brass arrangements make this one of the best 'Shibu' albums... released in 1997.
The group's first album that has largely been forgotten but sounds better than ever in their renaissance. Recently performed at the Fuji rock festival. Released in 1996.
Jazz meets indies group who have gained cult following in Europe. This album is of mostly Japanese pop tunes. Released in 1994.
Second album originally released in 1993.