Sandii's Christmas Hawaii - Sandii's Hawaii 6th
Older, long time unavailable recordings and new recordings combined on new Christmas album. Features Makoto Kubota, Yuki Yamauchi, Yoichi Ikeda (Blue Asia), Rene Paulo and others. Beautifully recorded and performed.
1. Portal -Ka`i 2. Christmas In Hawai'i 3. Spring Spends The Winter In Hawai'i 4. Twelve Days Of Christmas 5. Mele Hula Kali Kimaka 6. Last Christmas 7. Santa's Hula
8. Mele Kalikimaka 9. Jingle Bell Rock 10. White Christmas 11. The Christmas Song 12. Jingle Bells 13. Po La`i E 14. Remember Me, Santa 15. O 'Oe 'Io 16. Portal -Ho`i
Touge no Wagaya (2 SHM-CDs)
Originally released in 1986. Features Ryuichi Sakamoto and Yukihiro Takahashi together with various New York musicians. CD2 is of out take versions of seven tracks. CD1 nine tracks.
Aragehonzi's first album released in 2011.
1. Akatsuki (Introduction) 2. Taiyo no Managu 3. Ai ya Shinku ni Shiroi Yuri 4. Heisei Akita Banzai 5. Mahiru no Yume 6. Ame no Ato 7. Sen no Aki to Ichiya no Inori 8. Akita Ondo 9. Ringo Oiwake 10. Kawaigaranse 11. Nagamochi Uta
Second album by the much touted band Aragehonzi, playing 'Omatsuri Rock'. Lead by Masafumi Saito (vocal, guitar) from Akita, the nine piece group plays their own mixture music of Japanese minyo with rock, soul, funk, reggae, afro beat, Brazilian and Japanese pop. Recommended.
1. Tokyo Native Time 2. Kaga Haiya 3. Samidori no Oka 4. Yorokobi Mai 5. Saitaro Bushi 6. Soma Bonuta 7. Ryusei no Toiki 8. Takarakaze 9. Toyama Bushi
AKIRA KATOGI, SHUNSUKE KIMURA, ETSURO ONO, KUNIKO OBINA
Four musicians from different traditions in unique combination. Akira Katogi was a member of taiko group Ondekoza, while Etsuro Ono and Shinsuke Kimura are an acclaimed shamisen duo. Kuniko Obina is a well known koto player.
Kinpu-Ryu Shakuhachi Collection - Old Recording in Tsugaru (2 CDs)
2 CD collection of Kinpu-Ryu shakuhachi from Aomori, northern Japan. Ultra rare recordings from before and after World War II, performed by Kinpu-Ryu masters such as Kyokuei Nagano, Nyogetu Orito, Hougetsu Shibata.
New album dedicated to Katsuya Yokoyama (1934-201), one of the greatest ever shakuhachi players and teacher of Ishikawa. Played on shorter and longer shakuhachi than the standard size.
1. Yamagoe 2. Ukigumo 3. Tsuru no Sugomori (Oushu-den) 4. Sanan 5. Kumoi Shishi 6. Reibo 7. Hifumi Hachigaeshi 8. Kudariba 9. Temukai
Samurai Sessions Vol.1
We don't normally bother selling mainstream rock or pop, but we'll make an exception, mainly because we've been asked for this album. Dubbed the 'Samurai Guitarist' Miyavi plays electric guitar in his own 'slap' style. He has played around the world, over 200 shows in 30 countries. This CD features Miyavi in various collaborations, some artists that might appeal to a Far Side customer. These include shamisen player Hiromitsu Agatsuma, flamenco style guitarist Jin Oki, Okinawan breakbeat duo Hifana, and Miu Sakamoto.
1. Miyavi vs Hifana - Ganryu 2. Miyavi vs Kreva - Strong 3. Miyavi vs, Yusek - Day 1 4. Miyavi vs Takeshi Hosomi - Silent Anger 5. Miyavi vs H Zett M - Pleasure 6. Miyavi vs Hiromitsu Agatsuma vs Jin Oki - Hanabi 7. Miyavi vs Seiji Kameda vs Miu Sakamoto - Inori Wo
Jin Oki is a Japanese flamenco guitarist album who studied under Victor Monge Seranito in Madrid. On this album he plays with eleven Japanese musicians for some really interesting collaborations. Musicians include Coba (accordion), Miyavi (guitar), Hiromitsu Agatsuma (shamisen) and Hideki Togi (hichiriki)
1. Monologo #1 2. Dansa-kimi To Nara (Coba) 3. Ai - Demasiado (Miyavi) 4. Four Seasons - Summer (Dai Kimura) 5. Oshi.oki Time (Kotaro Oshio) 6. Fantasma V (Hideki Togi) 07. Uzuki Hanaarashi (Hiromitsu Agatsuma) 8. Solea (Doroles Agureta) 9. Spain (Ryota Nozaki) 10. Scarborough Fair (Katsumi Watanabe) 11. Besame Mucho (Tokyo Philharmonic Orchestra) 12. Monologo #2 13. Yane No Shita No Smile (Koji Tamaki)
Best of album of Ranko Fujisawa, who died in August 2013, the Japanese tango queen. Fujisawa had many fans in Argentina and this year marked the 65th since her first record. 2 CDs, 40 tracks.
1. La Cumparsita 2. Nostalgias 3. A Mi Madre 4. Jueves 5. Confesion 6. Mama Vieja 7. Naci En Tokio 8. Felicia 9. Bonboncito 10. Hasta Siempre Amor 11. Zorro Gris 12. Organito De La Tarde 13. El Choclo 14. Que Falta Que Me Haces 15. Plataforma De La Noche 16. El Panuelito 17. Carta Para Renee 18. Quedemonos Aqui 19. Frente Al Mar 20. Cristal 21. Recuerdo De Buenos Aires
1. Che.bandoneon 2. Balada Para Un Loco 3. A Media Luz 4. Patotero Sentimental 5. Y A Mi Que? 6. Mama Yo Quiero Un Novio 7. Yira Yira 8. Caminito 9.Chiquilin De Bachin 10. Sur 11. Mano A Mano 12. La Cumparsita 13. Adios Pampa Mia 14. Besame Mucho 15. Chiquilin De Bachin 16. Che.bandoneon 17. La Cumparsita 18. Balada Para Un Loco 19. Sur
Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence 30th Anniversary Edition (2 SHM-CDs) (Limited Edition)
Limited Edition 2 SHM CD (playable on standard CD players) 30 year anniversary edition of Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence. Remastered by Seigen Ono (who was an enginner on the original album) CD 2 features unreleased versions of tracks. Extensive liner notes written by Sound & Recording editor Kunizaka features interview with another original recording engineer Shinichi Tanaka. Cardboard sleeve, limited edition.
1. Merry Christmas Mr.Lawrence 2. Batavia 3. Germination 4. A Hearty Breakfast 5. Before The War 6. The Seed And The Sower 7. A Brief Encounter 8. Ride Ride Ride (Celliers` Brothers`s Song) 9. The Fight 10. Father Christmas 11. Dismissed! 12. Assembly 13. Beyond Reason 14. Sowing The Seed 15. 23rd Psalm 16. Last Regrets 17. Ride Ride Ride 18. The Seed 19. Forbidden Colours
1. Batavia 2. Merry Christmas Mr.Lawrence 3. Germination 4. Germination 5. The Seed And The Sower 6. M-7 Juusatsu 7. M-10 Furyo 8. The Seed And The Sower 9. A Brief Encounter 10. The Figh 11. Last Regrets 12. Father Christmas 13. Before The War 14. M-14 Kou 15. Dismissed! 16. Beyond Reason 17. M-29 Shokei Jou 18. The Seed 19. The Seed 20. Last Regrets 21. M-28 A Take 2 22. M-1 Free Time 23. 2 3rd Psalm 24. M-13 Kanemoto Seppuku 25. Ride Ride Ride 26. Merry Christmas Mr.Lawrence
Coda (SHM-CD) (Limited Edition)
Originally released in 1998, piano version of Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence soundtrack plus two original tracks, Japan and Coda. Remastered by Seigen Ono, cardboard sleeve limited edition SHM-CD.
Ryuichi Sakamoto Playing the Orchestra 2013
In May 2013 for the first time in sixteen years, Ryuichi Sakamoto played concert halls in Japan with a full orchestra. Released in December 2013 this CD is a selection of tracks from these concerts including Bibo no Aozora, Amore, Castalia, Happy End, Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence and Sheltering Sky. Full track listing to follow.
Ryuichi Sakamoto Ongaku de Tanoshimu Taiga Drama
Taiga drama, is Japan's national broadcaster NHK's annual, year-long historical drama. It began in 1963, and this year Ryuichi Sakamoto wrote the theme, Yae no Sakura, his latest album. On this album, Sakamoto compiles theme songs from taiga dramas down the years.
1. Minamotono Yoshitsune (1966) 2. Ryouma ga Yuku (1968) 3. Haru no Sakamichi (1971) 4. Kuni Tori Monogatari (1973) 5. Kashin (1977) 6. Kusa Moeru (1979) 7. Shishi no Jidai (1980) 8. Onna Taikouki (1981) 9. Sanga Moyu (1984) 10. (1986) Inochi 11.(1989) Kasuganotsubone 12. (1992) Nobunaga King of Zipangu 13. (1994) Hana no Run 14.(1997) Mouri Motonari 15. (1998) Tokugawa Yoshinobu 16. (2000) Aoi Tokugawa San Dai
Tribute to Taeko Onuki (2 CDs)
Tribute to female singer/songwriter who became known as one of the members of influential band Sugar Babe in the 1970s. Long time collaborator of Ryuichi Sakamoto who appears on this album together with Beatniks (Yukihiro Takahashi & Keiichi Suzuki), Hanaregumi, Kirinji, Kazufumi Miyazawa, Yumi Matsutoya, Tamio Okuda, Soutaiseiriron and more. Full track list to follow, released 27th November 2013.
The Magic Dragon
Popular and talented koto player, Yoko Nishi studied under Tadao and Kazue Sawai, and has since gone on to become one of Japan's most creative koto players performing around the world. Follow up to the critically acclaimed, and popular CD with Far Side customers, Sea in a Moonlit Might. On this album Yoko Nishi plays koto and seventeen stringed koto accompanied by Christopher Hardy (percussion) and Jonathan Katz (piano). As well as a cover of the Peter, Paul and Mary song ( a big favourite in Japan) are two of her original tunes with all tracks arranged by Yoko Nishi.
1. Aoi Mori - Nanatsu no Yume 2. Arigato 3. Puff (The Magic Dragon) 4. Inspiration 5. Chico Chico No Fuva 6. El Chocro 7. Kumanbachi no Boken
Shingo Edo Collection - Kuon no Daichi
Five compositions written by koto player and composer Shingo Edo and performed by various koto and shakuhachi players including Miki Maruta, Yoko Nishi, Shozan Tanabe and Ryozan Sakata. The track Minyo Kumikyoku Akita is a medley of four minyo tunes from Akita, and Kuon no Daichi is a koto concerto written to develop relationships between Japan and Brazil at the request of Yoko Nishi.
1. Hanagasa Skertuo 2. Ruri no Sorani 3. Minyo Kumikyoku Akita 4. Gekkou 5. Koto Concerto no Tame no Kuon no Daichi
Shin - Utamai Renaissance
Kyomin's are a young trio of musicians dedicated to keeping minyo (folk) from around Japan, relevant and living, and feature Akiko Omodaka (vocal, taiko), Masaharu Tsubaki (Tsugaru shamisen) and Soki Matsuura (dance). This is their second album, with Minyo from northern to southern Japan and comes with as a CD extra which has footage of a dance performance. Guest musician is Washu Yoneyama (shakuhachi, fue).
1. Nanbu Tawara-tsumi Uta 2. Tsugaru Mikudari 3. Kozu Bushi 4. Tsugaru Jonkara Bushi 5. Taisen Jinku (with Iso Bushi) 6. Otemoyan 7. Takeda no Komoriuta 8. Yamata no Orochi - Shin Version) 9. Ezofuji no Uta 10. Agi Bushi - Kyomin's Version 11. Tsugaru Mikudari (dance)
Keikichi Yasutake with his Music Mates Vol.6
Latest in series of albums by sangen (shamisen) player Keiichi Yasutake. Yasutake also composes, teaches and supports young players based in Fukuoka, Kyushu. This album features sangen in solo and duet, shakuhachi duet and ensembles. His 'mates' include Motoki Morinaga (sangen), Yukari Yasutake (koto, seventeen stringed koto), Shinzan Noguchi (shakuahchi).
1. Sangen Dokuso-kyoku Shikyo 2. Seseragi 3. Sangen Nijuso-kyoku Akiiro no Ichiban, Niban 4. Kodomo no Tameno Funtasy (shakuhachi version) 5. Shakuhachi Nijuso-kyoku Yashima 6. Sangen Nijuso-kyoku Fuyu no Iro Ichiban, Niban 7. Noko no Sato
So-kyoku, Jiuta - Hana o Motomete (So-kyoku, Jiuta 1st Album)
First album by Junko Takeyama a regular performer in concert of classic style sangen and koto. Accmpanied by three shakuhachi players.
1. Konkai 2. Saga no AKi 3. Mizu no Tama
Japan's leading African music exponent, thumb piano player, Sakaki Mango sings in his native Kagoshima dialect on his new album. Includes live track (3) with Zimbabwe's Chiwoniso who passed in July 2013, with Columbian musician Pernett (track 9), and other collaborations with various musicians Sakaki met thurough the music festival Sukiyaki Meets The World.
1.Intro 2.Chabakke 3.Hame (Live) (Sukiafrica-Sukiyaki Allstars) 4.Small(Live) (Cuatro Sukiyaki Minimal) 5.Interlude -taxi- 6.IOTOI (Sakaki Mango & Limba Train Sound System) 7. Iidamatsu no Uta (MBC Tege Tege Ending Theme) (Sakaki Mango & TEGE2 Choirs) 8.Interlude-telephone- 9. Chawanmushi no Digital (Sukiyaki Denki Box) 10.Dub Kagoshimana (Sukiyaki Denki Box)
Kenyan string instrument nyatiti player Anyango's acoustic mini album which is dedicated to her teacher Okum Orengo. Anyango (real name Eriko Mukoyama) is thought to be the first ever female player of the nyatiti.
1.Yashi no Mi 2.To Thumno Ywak Kanye? 3.Ja Ugenya 4.Kimi no Koe 5.Seda 6.Alego (Instrumental) 7.Mungu Ibariki Afrika
Hideki Nakazawa Music Works Concert
The works of avant-garde artist Hideki Nakazawa with Japanese syllabic polyphonies. As strange as it sounds.
Hoku O Mana'OLana - Hula Hula Vol.9
Latest in Sandii's Fitness Club, Tipness compilations.
1. Ku'u Ipo I Ka He'e Pu'e One 2. I Ka Poli Pumehana 3. Sway It Hula Girl 4. Honolulu 5. Tamure, Tamure 6. 'Ahulili 7. Straight From Hawai'i To You ~E Ku'u Sweet Lei Poina'ole 8. Hoku O Mana'olana
The Road of Hasekura Tsunenaga
Rodrigo Rodriguez was born in Argentina, but moved to Spain as a child. In Japan he studied shakuhachi and since gone on to perform shakuahchi around the world. This album is dedicated to the Japanese samurai Hasekura Rokuemon Tsunenaga (1571-1622) who between 1613 and 1620 headed a diplomatic mission to the Vatican, travelling through Spain and other parts of Europe. Traditional, contemporary and original pieces are beautifully performed with help from British shakuhachi player Justin Williams on several shakuhachi duets, and harpist Elena Armenteros. This project was part of the Dual Year Spain/Japan 2013/14, and was apparently selected as a gift for Prince Naruhito when he visited Spain. Impressive playing, beautifully recorded with English liner notes.
1. Kumoi Jishi 2. Sagari Ha 3. 5 October 1614 4. Sanya Sugagaki 5. Shika no Tone 6. Kogarashi 7. Azuma Jishi 8. Dialogues King Phillip III 9. Departures to Rome 10. Azuma Jishi Duet 11. Beneath High Cliffs 12. Towards God (Hasekura's baptism) 13. Arrival in Sendai
HOMEI MATSUMOTO, YUKIHIKO MITSUKA
Shakuhachi Meets Jazz Piano - Live at Pleyel - Sakura
Collaboration album by shakuhachi player Yukihiko Mitsuka, a member of Tone and Essence Again, and jazz pianist/arranger Homei Matsumoto. Mitsuka has played with a number of musicians including taiko drummer Eitetsu Hayashi and Hamza El Din. This album is a mixture of Japanese tunes played on shakuhachi with piano accompaniment plus popular and jazz standards played on shakuhachi. Great musicianship makes this album stand out from similar ones over the years. Nice mix of styles and moods.
1. Sakura 2. Esashi 3. Hietsuki Bushi 4. Ashita 5. Fly Me To The Moon 6. Scarborough Fair 7. Furusato 8. Summertime 9. Georgia On My Mind 10. Moon Liver 11. Houshun 12. Inori
Yutaka Makino Works 1
Several of Japan's leading koto and shakuhachi players perform the works of the late composer Yutaka Makino, one of the most important composers of modern koto music. Musicians are Tomoko Sunazaki (koto), Yuko Yamazaki (koto), Atsuko Kida (koto, seventeen stringed koto), Noriko Matsuzaka (koto, seventeen stringed koto), Norihiro Ishikawa (twenty stringed koto), Kuniyoshi Sugawara (shakuhachi), Chikuzan Nanba (shakuhachi), Reizan Tanabe (shakuhachi), Norie Tomobuchi (vocal, koto).
1. Hitori Shizuka 2. Sake 3. Manyo eno Izanai 4. Fumon 5. Kojo no Tsuki Genso-kyoku
Yuize Shinichi Sakuhin Shu (Yuize Shinichi Works)
Second album by Garei Okubo a performer and teacher of koto and sangen (shamisen). Okubo plays three insturments on this album, koto, shamisen and seventeen stringed koto, and is accompanied by shakuhachi. Six of the compositions are by Shinichi Yuize, an internationally known koto player.
1. Shinsen Choubukyoku Dai 1 Gakushou Hanetsuki 2. Shinsen Choubu Kyoku Dai 2 Gakushou Chouchin Gyouretsu 3. Shinsen Choubukyoku Dai 3 Gakushou Ainu No Ko No Odori 4. Sangen Dokusoukyoku Ma 5. Juushichigen Sanjuusoukyoku Harugokei 1.akebono 6. Juushichigen Sanjuusoukyoku Harugokei 2.haruichiban 7. Juushichigen Sanjuusoukyoku Harugokei 3.kochou 8. Juushichigen Sanjuusoukyoku Harugokei 4.kasumi 9. Juushichigen Sanjuusoukyoku Harugokei 5.hanafubuki 10. Sangen Nijuusoukyoku Kei To I 11. Shakuhachi.sou Nijuusoukyoku Sarasa 1 12. Shakuhachi.sou Nijuusoukyoku Sarasa 2 13. Sangen To Juushichigen No Tameno Guuin 1.kotohogi 14. Sangen To Juushichigen No Tameno Guuin 2.mayoi 15. Sangen To Juushichigen No Tameno Guuin 3.mede 16. Sangen To Juushichigen No Tameno Guuin 4 raku
Ototabi (Musical Journey)
New album by Kobudo, an instrumental trio of Dozan Fujiwara (shakuhachi), Nobuo Furukawa (violin) and Takeshi Senoo (piano). On this album, they go back to their beginning, writing new tunes together as well as performing some classical compositions. Marimba player Sinske is guest on track eight.
1. Inochi - Tabidachi no Tokini 2. Concierto de Aranjuez Adajio 3. Doctor Gradus ad Parnassum 4. Hotaru 5. La Fiesta 6. Kumo ga Nagareru Gogo 7. Hungarian Raphsodies No.2 8. Lezginka 9. Aka Tombo 10. Michi Haruka 11. Legacy - Haruka naru Mirai e 12. Snow
La Brisa is a trio under the leadership of guitarist Minoru Kato with three koto/seventeen stringed koto players, Keiko Otani, Mika Noda and Kuniko Obina. Shakuhachi player Ryozan Sakata also features.
1. Heart Strings 2. Caccini's Ave Maria 3. Rock Dan 4. Takerou 5. Volare 6. Bara no Serenade 7. Kyoso Kyoku Part 3, Hyuga Tosa Higo no Esprit
Saigo no Goze - Haru Kobayashi 96 Sai no Zessho (The Last Goze - Haru Kobayashi, 96 Year Old's Superb Performance
Goze, were blind, or partially blind, Japanese women, who earned their living as itinerant musicians. Haru Kobyashi is said to be the last goze, who died in 2005 at the age of 105. Kobayashi became blind at three months, and by the age of eight started her career as a goze, singing and playing shamisen. She continued until 1978, travelling around Niigata, Yamagata and Fukushima Prefectures. In 1978 she was made a Living National Treasure as the solo retainer of the goze tradition. This album was recorded when she was 96 years old in 1996.
1. Harusame (Hauta) 2. Awa no Tokushima Jurobei (Saibun Matsuzaka) 3. Kuzuno Ha Kowakare no Dan 4. Echigo Oiwake
The Flower of Sounds Japanese Flavor
First album from fue/shinobue player Naomi Koizumi, on which she plays traditional Japanese lullabies and lyrical songs accompanied by a mixture of Japanese and Western instruments played by Keita Orimoto (koto, seventeen stringed koto, shakuhachi), Tsuyoshi Omachi (violin), Atsuko Tsuji (piano), Toshiya Kasamatsu (contrabass) and Ryoko Yamamoto (taiko).
1. Ryomei 2. Shunma 3. Sakura no Mukou 4. Matsuri 5. Hana no Michi 6. Mori no Izumi 7. Aoi Mori, Takeda no Komoriuta Henso-kyoku 8. Takeda no Komoriuta
The Flower of Sounds - Western Flavor
Second album from fue/shinobue (flute) player Naomi Koizumi. On this album she plays her own original tunes, minyo and popular songs with a Western music style arrangement. She is accompanied by five musicians Keita Orimoto (koto, seventeen stringed koto, shakuhachi), Tsuyoshi Omachi (violin), Atsuko Tsuji (piano),Toshiya Kasamatsu (contrabss) and Ryoko Yamamoto (taiko, piano).
1. Rin 2. Amami no Tsuki 3. Akizora Sanpo 4. Ohirune 5. Londonderry Song 6. White Dragon 7. Tinsagu no Hana
Manyo no Koi Uta (Love Songs Inspired by Manyo Period)
Koto player and singer performs five contemporary tunes and one traditional. Recorded live at Takasaki City Gallery, Gunma Prefecture.
1. Manyo no Koi Uta Ashihiki No 2. Manyo no Koi Uta Ware Wo Matsu To 3. Renku Kotouta Ban 4. Hatsune no Kyoku 5. Two People Under a Tree 6. Autumn Koto - Another Requiem
Tsugaru Shamisen Nadaba
New album by Kozan Oyama whose Tsugaru Shamisen DVD/book/score guide have been very popular in Japan. On this album he plays four traditional tunes, five contemporary and one original tune. Hikaru Sawai's 'Shakei' originally a koto solo, is arranged as a koto and shamisen duet.
1. Tsugaru Jongara Bushi (Kyusetsu) 2. Tsugru Shamisen Kyokudan (Rokudan) 3. Tsugaru Jongara Bushi (Shinsetsu Kyokudan) 4. Akita Nikata Bushi 5. Kodo (Kenichi Yoshida) 6. Storm (Kenichi Yoshida, Koki Yajima) 7. Yu (Hiromitsu Agatsuma) 8. Hi no Tori (Osamu Okada) 9. Shakei (Hikaru Sawai) 10. Na, Nadaba (Kozan Oyama, Hiroki Matsumoto)
RYUICHI SAKAMOTO + TAYLOR DEUPREE
First collaboration album of Sakamoto with American electronic musician Taylor Deupree, although they have occasionally played together live since 2006. Piano and electronics, with vocals from Ichiko Aoba on the final track.
1. Jyaku 2. Frozen Fountain 3. Ghost Road 4. This Window 5. Curl To Me (feat. Ichiko Aoba)
RYUICHI SAKAMOTO & KOTRINGO
Atarashii Kutsu Wo Kawanakucha (Original Soundtrack)
Soundtrack to the film Atarashii Kutsu o Kawanakucha starring Miho Nakayama and Osamu Mukai. Ryuichi Sakamoto is the musical director, composed by Kotringo. From classical and solo piano to exotica and electronica.
1.Menuet K. 1 - piu mosso / Ryuichi Sakamoto 2.Hint / Ryuichi Sakamoto 3.Chaussures Neuves / Kotringo 4.Champs-Élysées' / Kotringo 5.Hotel / Kotringo 6.Sol e Mar / Vinicius Cantuaria 7.Bar / Kotringo 8.Fashion Show / Kotringo 9.Kitchen / Kotringo 10.La Seine / Kotringo 11.Menuet K.1 - meno mosso / Ryuichi Sakamoto 12.On the Boat / Ryuichi Sakamoto 13.Seperation / Ryuichi Sakamoto 14.Atarashii Kutsu Wo Kawanakucha / Ryuichi Sakamoto
RYUICHI SAKAMOTO, NOBUYUKI NAKAJIMA
Yae no Sakura II (Yae's Cherry Blossom)
Soundtrack by Ryuichi Sakamoto to the NHK period drama 'Yae no Sakura'. Piano and orchestration.
1. Yae No Sakura Main Theme 2. Yae Aratanaru Ketsui 3. Yae Atarashii Jidai He 4. Uchinaru Ikari 5. Shiawase No Ashioto 6. Yokisenu Dekigoto 7. Tomadoi 8. Anun 9. Betsuri 10. Jou Tono Deai 11. Jidai Wo Kirihiraku Mono Tachi 12. Sonkei To Akogare 13. Aizu No Onna Tachi 14. Aizushidamashii No Junsui 15. Gi 16. Kaisen 17. Yashuu 18. Taiji 19. Shiniyuku Mono Tachi He 20. Koufuku No Katachi 21. Bushi Tachi No Zasetsu 22. Aratanaru Nichijou 23. Inbou 24. Yae No Sakura Main Theme 25. Yae No Sakura Kikou 26. Yae No Sakura Kikou
Seventh album from ex-Deelite man Towa Tei. All tracks written and arranged by Towa Tei. Features many guest artists including Haruomi Hosono, Ryuichi Sakamoto, Yukihiro Takahashi, Sugar Yoshinaga, Ringo Shiina, Wataru Iga, Baku Baku Dokin, Predown, Aoi Tejima, Tina Tamaki, Kenta Hamano and Doran. Sleeve artwork is by internationally renowned artist Yayoi Kusama.
1. Radio with Yukihiro Takahashi & Tina Tamashiro 2. Blue for Girls, Pink for Boys 3. Abbesses with Ayaka Nakata 4. Kataburi 5. Licht 6. Terima Kasih 7. Juxtapose 8. Apple with Ringo Sheena 9. Warm Jets 10. Genius with Aoi Teshima 11. Love Forever
Group formed by Soichiro Suzuki (World Standard) and Masahiro Naoeda (Carnation) who were both born in 1959. Guest musicians are Haruomi Hosono, Keiichi Suzuki, Wataru Iga, Mahito Fujiwara, Yoriko Matsumoto and Tetsuya Yamamoto. High quality rock/folk from two veterans of the Japanese music scene with help from other luminaries.
1. Rock 'n' Roll Ga Sora Kara Futtekita Hi 2. Ashita Mo 3. Kaze yo Fuke Umi yo Nake 4. Shiranai Machi 5. Hyakuyattsu no Mado 6. Kimi ga Inai 7. Jukyu Ji Go Ju Kyu Fun 8. Zutto Zutto 9. Boku wa Inoshishi 10. Donten Yuuyami Ferry 11. Tonkatsu no Uta
Compilation album to celebrate the 30 year anniversary of this superb instrumental outfit formed by Soichiro Suzuki. 18 tracks including rare early recordings and soundtracks plus some unreleased songs. Subtle, atmospheric, relaxing and recommended.
1. Kagayaku Mizu ('Kanon' 2008) 2. Columbia ('Jump for Joy' 2002) 3. Iku Natsu (download only 2008) 4. Shiawase ('Goo Goo datte Neko dearu' soundtrack 2008) 5. Tanpopo no Osake ('Ongaku Ressha' 1985) 6. El Sur ('World Standard II' 1995) 7. Hawaiian Gold ('Mountain Ballad' 1999) 8. Aki Ai ('Silencio' 2010) 9. Mahou ('Kanon' 2008) 10. Barairo no Boat ('Sekka Sekkou' 2004) 11. Silent Home Coming ('Country Gazette' 1997) 12. Andalucia ('Minna Oyasumi' 2011) 13. Tanpopo no Osake (unreleased version 2012) 14. Sound of Your Voice ('Jump for Joy' 2002) 15. Jantille (unreleased 2008) 16. Teatro (unreleased 2002) 17. Yuki no Sekai (unreleased 2003) 18. Bakushuu (1st version 'Ongaku Ressha' 1982)
Pedal steel guitarist and stringed instrument player Ren Takada (son of folk singer Wataru Takada) has been a support member of YMO, is a member of Yukihiro Takahashi's group Pupa, plays with Haruomi Hosono's World Shyness and releases solo albums too. This is his sixth album and features many of the musicians he has collaborated over the years including Ryuichi Sakamoto, Keigo Oyamada (Cornelius) Haruomi Hosono, Shigeru Kishida (Quruli), Yukihiro Takahashi, Gondo Tomohiro, Tomoyo Harada, Hiroshi Takano and many others.
1. Kojin Teki Riyuu 2. Esoragoto 3. Shichi Gatsu 4. Aji 5. Furugutsu Ten 6. Machibouke 7. Nobara 8. Sabaku No Deisui 9. Glass 10. Sheebeg And Sheemore 11. Netsu No Naka 12. Hifukidake 13. All Night
Musiques de Films (2 CDs)
70 soundtrack compositions by Tetsuroh Kashibuchi, drummer with the legendary group Moonriders, to films and TV dramas. All tracks were chosen by Kashibuchi to showcase his 25 year career as a soundtrack composer.
1. Midoriko No Concerto 2. Machikado No Mademoiselle 3. Requiem 4. Printemps-haru No Otome Tachi 5. Yume Miru Kisetsu 6. Angel Kiss 7. Futari No Symphony 8. Ai No Shouzou 9. Mou Hitotsu No Ashita-un Demain De Plus 10. Bouken Yarou No Ballade-youki Na Gang 11. Die Fraulein 12. Eiyuu Tachi No Kyuuen 13. Nettou Stadium 14. Beyond Dreams 15. Christmas Eve Jokyoku 16. Champagne No Furu Yoru-office No Koibito Tachi 17. Kimi Ha Boku Wo Suki Ni Naru! 18. Shouta No March 19. Haha To Ko No Kizuna 20. Takuya No Dai Dassou 21. Kanransha No Aru.basho 22. Day Care Land-nayamu Otoko 23. Maboroshi No Heishi Tachi 24. Izumi Ha Wakatte Kurenai 25. Uruwashi No Monet 26. Genda Keiji Toujou-yuuenchi De Dokkiri! 27. Mashina Ha Hitori Bocchi 28. Kouya No Kettou 29. Sekai No Doko Ni Demo Iru.futari 30. Savanna No Hibi-saraba Africa No Hi
1. Tsuri Baka Nisshi No Theme 2. Michiko San To Su San Ga Yattekita 3. Ainame Zuri Ni Chousen! 4. Hama Chan Ga Shachou Ni!? 5. Kamaishi Ondo 6. Iza.echizen Wakasa Nihonkai! 7. Ayako No Theme 8. Su San To Ayako No Wakare 9. Asayake No Tokyo Wan-tsuri Baka Nisshi.funade No Theme 10. Kazumi No Theme 11. Hama Chan To Su San.keiryuu Zuri He 12. Arashi No Ichiya 13. Atami Youjou No Elizabeth Gou 14. Tsuiseki! 15. Baba To Akane No Koi Monogatari 16. Tsuri Baka Dai Bouken! 17. Ending Theme 18. Hikari Ga Ippai 19. Kinjirareta Ai 20. Yakusoku-yomi No Kuni Kara No Tegami- 21. Uzumaki 22. Bicycle 23. The Search 24. Geshi 25. Kaisou 26. Kuon No Inori 27. Scandalo 28. In Love 29. Trust In Love 30. Life 31. Niji Wo Otte 32. Blue Moon 33. Kakuu No Sora 34. Aru To Nakama Tachi 35. Nakanaide 36. Cyclops Tai 37. Bernard Wiseman 38. Unnmei No Ya 39. Sora Ni Chiru 40. Uchuu Seiki Zero Zero Hachi Zero
Sandii's Hawaii 7th - Island Style
Seventh in the ongoing Hawaii series by the wonderful singer Sandii and one of her best yet. Eighteen tracks of famous Hawaiian tunes, and one from Okinawa. Produced by one her oldest friends in Hawaii Papa Rusty Kamaka Wright with help from Yuki 'Alani' Yamauchi, Takahashi Jr. and other quality musicians. Recorded at Sandii's new studio. Comes with extensive English liner notes.
1. Honolulu I Am Coming Back Again 2. Ma 'ane'i Mai 'Oe 3. Ke Aloha 4. Ei Nei 5. 'A 'oia 6. Butterfly Free 7. Mahina Kau Ahiahi 8. Holo Wa 'apa 9. Piano Ahiahi 10. A Kona Hema 11. He Ipu Ha'aha'a 12. He Kama A Hina 13. Pohai Kealoha 14. Pua Tuberose 15. Tinsagu Nu Hana 16. Pili Pa'a 17. Blue Lei 18. Mi Nei 19. 'O 'Oe 'Io
Shiden Udon Original Soundtrack
Soundtrack album from the talented cello player, who has played with Cicala Mvta, Pascals and many other musicians and bands from the Japanese underground scene. This album features many other great musicians including Yoshiyuki Kawaguchi on recorder (Kuricorder Quartet), and Satoshi Hara on banjo. Sakamoto also plays keyboards, musical saw and does all the programming. Varied sounds, from clarinet to chorus groups, and musical genres.
BLACK BOTTOM BRASS BAND
Haru-Utage (Spring Party)
Funky mini album by the acclaimed BBBB, celebrating their 20 year anniversary. Guests include Keisuke of Ulfuls, and Yasuyuki Fukushima of Ban Ban Bazaar.
1. Paraiso! 2. Screamers High Featuring Ulful Keisuke 3. Sakura To Taiyou 4. Precious Ones Featuring Mori Toshiyuki 5. Gato 6. Picaresuque 7. Koi No Magic Hour Featuring Fukushima Yasuyuki Ban Ban Bazaar
Part of a series of collections by legends of Japanese popular music. Taro Shoji (1898-1972) was an interesting and controversial figure, who majored in Marxist economics at Waseda University, and worked in China on the railways, organizing a union much to the disdain of his managers and the Imperial Japanese Army. His songs, beginning with Akagi no Komoriuta in 1934, often were about Japanese anti-heroes. Following the war, his music was banned by the American occupation forces as being too nationalistic, although was perhaps misunderstood. It was only in the 1960s when early Showa era songs became popular again, that Shoji's songs gained national attention once more. Great singing, and shamisen and koto accompaniment, in a kind of early version of enka. Fantastic stuff.
1. Mugi To Heitai 2. Shanghai No Machikado De 3. Tabikasa Douchuu 4. Meigetsu Akagiyama 5. Nozaki Kouta 6. Kokkyou No Machi 7. Kotei No Kokyou 8. Murasaki Kouta 9. Akagi No Komori Uta 10. Senjou Hatsubutai 11. Kiri No Minato No Akari Ga Urumu 12. Aa Kusamakura Ikutabi Zo 13. Gunkoku Maiougi 14. Ginza Owari Chou 15. Biwako Aika 16. Umi No Soko Sa He Kisha Ha Iku 17. Kudan No Sakura 18. Dai Ni No Kokyou 19. Kuroda Bushi 20. Kibou No Basha
Getz/Gilberto + 50 (SHM-CD) (Produced by Goro Ito)
Tribute to commemorate the 50th anniversary of 'Getz / Gilberto' featuring 19 musicians from various corners of the Japanese music scene. These include Haruomi Hosono, Ryuichi Sakamoto, Miu Sakamoto, Tomoyo Harada, and Goro Ito (of the bossa nova duo Naomi & Goro) who produced and arranged the album, plus jazz musicians Yosuke Yamashita, Yasuaki Shimizu and Naruyoshi Goldman Akita and Midorin from Soil & 'Pimp' Sessions.
1. The Girl from Ipanema 2. Doralice 3. P'Ra Machucar Meu Coracao 4. Desafinado 5. Corcovado 6. So Dance Samba (Jazz Samba) 7. O Grande Amor 8. Vivo Sonhando 9. The Girl from Ipanema (bonus track, Japanese version)
HARUOMI HOSONO, TAKAHIKO ISHIKAWA, MASATAKA MATSTOHYA
The Aegean Sea (Blu-Spec CD2)
Originally released in 1979. Instrumental synth pop/jazz with a Greek twist. Two tracks writen by Hosono (Reggae Aege Woman and Mykonos Bridge) sound similar to YMO who he was with at the time, with three compositions each from Matsutohya and Ishikawa. Guests include Yukihiro Takahashi, Tatsuro Yamashita, Minaka Yoshida, Murakami Ponta Suichi and Hideki Matstake.
1. Aegean Fantasy 2. Atlantis 3. Reggae Aege Woman 4. Mykonos no Hanayome 5. Image 6. Namima no Bara 7. Day Break 8. Aphrodite no Nageki
HARUOMI HOSONO, SHIGERU SUZUKI, TATSURO YAMASHITA
Pacific (Blu-Spec CD2)
Originally released in 1978. Also features Ryuichi Sakamoto and Yukihiro Takahashi and noted for track eight, an early version of the Yellow Magic Orchestra tune.
1. Saigo no Rakuen 2. Coral Reef 3. Nostalgia of Island 4. Slack Key Rumba 5. Passion Flower 6. Noa Noa 7. Kiska 8. Cosmic Surfin'
RYUICHI SAKAMOTO & THE KAKUTOUGI SESSION
Summer Nerves (Blu-Spec CD2)
Originally released 1979. Guests include Akiko Yano, Yukihiro Takahashi, Kazumi Watanabe, Shigeru Suzuki and Ray Ohara.Tropical disco.
1. Summer Nerves 2. You're Friend to Me 3. Sleep on My Baby 4. Theme for Kakutougi 5. Gonna Go to I Colony 6. Time Trip 7. Sweet Illusion 8. Neuronian Network
Hotel Lilas (SHM-CD) (Cardboard Sleeve)
First solo album from ex-Moonriders member originally released in 1983. Features Akiko Yano and guest musicians including Ryuichi Sakamoto, Haruomi Hosono and Taeko Onuki.
Kanojo no Toki (SHM-CD) (Cardboard Sleeve)
Second solo album originally released 1985. Features duets with Akiko Yano, Taeko Onuki and Seri Ishikawa. Arranged by Ryuichi Sakamoto.
YUKIHIRO GOTO AND YUIKO MUZUSHIMA
First album by two biwa musicians from different schools, Yukihiro Goto who plays a four stringed Satsuma biwa and Yuko Mizushima who plays the Tsuruta School five string biwa. Recorded at a temple, the seven tracks include biwa playing, singing and story telling. Rather wonderful.
1. Shintokumaru - Noroi no Rokusun-kugi-uchi no Ba 2. Shintokumaru - Kaigan Yokokuhen 3. Shintokumaru - Kaigan 4. Utaeya Utae 5. Itsuki no Komoriuta 6. Heike-gani, Gion Shoja from The Tale of Heike 7. Tsuki no Fune
Rare songs from the legendary singer Rentaro Kita (1920-1940) who made his debut as a teenager in 1936 as Kan Kita and became probably Japan's first 'idol' singer.
1. Pierot Nagashi 2. Koi no Kaikyo 3. Izu no Kokyo 4. Tabi no Komoriuta 5. Yume no Yurikago 6. Kokuryu Senri 7. Tsuioku no Basha 8. Otoko no Iku Michi 9. Wakaki Hi no Uta 10. Kokoro no Komoriuta 11. Seishun no Oka 12. Seishun no Furusato 13. Yuuzora Blues 14. Yama no Gaika 15. Shirakaba Tsukiyo 16. Debune no Uta 17. Itako Yofune 18. Kibo no Hoshi 19. Bokyo no Uta 20. Volga Ryoshu 21. Shina no Machi 22. Amagi Koyureba 23. Akagi Koishiya
SOUL FLOWER UNION
Odore! Odorasarerumae Ni
Mini album featuring three versions of the title track, (original, Stand Against Racism Dub Mix and instrumental) a version of Anpanman no March with vocals and accordion by Charan Po Rantan and seven live recordings from between 2009 and 2013. 11 tracks.
One Fine Night - 60th Anniversary Live (2 DVDs + 3 CDs) (Limited Edition with 160pg booklet)
Recorded at Tokyo Bunkamura Orchard Hall on December 22nd 2012, to commemorate Takahashi's 60th birthday. Guests include Steve Jansen, Haruomi Hosono, Cornelius. 33 tracks on CD, plus live DVD and promotional music videos.
1. Everyone Says I Love You 2. It`s Gonna Work Out 3. Murdered By The Music 4. Radioactivist 5. Drip Dry Eyes 6. Now And Then. 7. Stay Close 8. Still Walking To The Beat 9. My Bright Tomorrow 10. Disposable Love 11. Maebure 12. The Price To Pay
1. At Dawn 2. Laika 3. Genki Nara Ureshii Ne 4. Blue Moon Blue 5. The Words 6. In This Life 7. Chronograph 8. Stella 9. Ekot 10. Inevitable 11. Left Bank 12. Chotto Tsurainda
1. 1% No Kankei 2. X`mas Day In The Next Life 3. Glass 4. Something In The Air 5. Kyou No Sora 6. Set Sail 7. Prayer Of Gold 8. Sunset 9. Saravah!
First album for four years. Guests include James Iha (ex-Smashing Pumpkins, guitar), Gondo Tomohiko (ufornia), Kei Takakura (bass) and Hirohisa Horie (keyboard). 60s and 70s rock sound with new direction and vision.
1. Looking For Words 2. All That We Know 3. Time To Go 4. Last Summer 5. End Of An Era 6. The Old Friends Cottage 7. Shadow 8. Ghost Behind My Back 9. That`s Alright (It Will Be Alright) 10. Signs 11. World In A Maze 12. Follow You Down
Miusic - The Best of 1997-2012 (2 CDs)
Best of from daughter of Ryuichi Sakamoto and Akiko Yano. Ryuichi lends a hand. Ethereal pop.
1. The Other Side of Love (Ryuichi Sakamoto featuring Sister M) 2. Tetsudo-in 03. The letter after the wound 04. in aquascape 5. 15 Minutes 6. Sleep Away 7. The Never Ending Story (new Version) 8. Kare to Kanojo no Sonet 9. Obas & Mavers 10. Swan Dive 11. Akari no Kehai 12. Odayaka na Kurashi
1. Phantom Girl's First Love 02. Far Across The Sky 3. Our Home 4. Ring of Tales (Lily Star Fiddle Remix) 5. Precious 6. True Voice 7. Everything New 8. Anata to Watashi no Aida ni Arumono Subete Ai to Yobu 9. I'm Yours 10. Ame to Yasashii Ya 11. The Other Side of Love (new version) 12. Eien to Nazukete Day Dream
Imakoso - Now's The Time to Change
Pak Poe is a Korean/Japanese singer/songwriter who has been singing and writing songs for decades, mostly living in Japan. He was once a member of the brilliant and underated Tokyo Bibimbap Club. Combining guitar, powerful vocals and Korean traditional instruments, he's never been afraid to tackle controversial issues in a country thats' musicians usually steer way clear of. This new album is up to his usual high standard. Mix of acoustic studio recordings and live rock band style. Listen to sound samples. Guest musicians are Maiko Isobe (violin), Junji Hirose (sax), Haa Yong Su (chango, kengari, nanrari)
1. Ima koso Nagare o Kaeru Toki 2. Yambaru no Kaze 3. SOS 4. Hana Sakashoura Yume Sakashoura 5. Mangekyo 6.Naniyue ni Hito wa 7. Piga Onda - Tegu no Asa 8. Redemption Song 9. Hibakusha
Azenbo & Chido's Enka (2 CDs)
Toshi Tsuchitori is a veteran percussionist, well known in jazz and avant-garde circles and for releasing a series of extraordinary albums of ancient music played on replicas of ancient Japanese percussion instruments. His late wife Harue Momoyama (1939-2009) was a respected singer and shamisen player who studied many genres of almost forgotten Japanese traditional music. One of these was the early enka and popular songs from the Meiji and Taisho period written by Azenbo Soeda (1872-1944) and his son Chido Soeda (1902-1980). Azenbo was a political activist and one of Japan's first mainstream popular music stars. Harue studied under Chido for many years, detailing each song, probably the only surviving document of this influential and precious music. Toshi used this document to record this album, playing Harue's shamisen as well as Indian instruments esraj, bansuri and tabla, and Tibetan damaru. A wonderful, fascinating labour of love. Listen to sound samples.
1. Kenkotsu Bushi 2. Chakurai Bushi 3. Strike Bushi 4. Rappa Bushi 5. Shakai-to Rappa Bushi 6. Akiramero Bushi 7. Ah Wakaranai 8. Ah Kane no Yo 9. Zee Zee Bushi 10. Omoigusa 11. Murasaki Bushi 12. Naramaru Zukushi 13. Makkuro Bushi 14. Kamayasenu Bushi 15. Gendai Bushi
1. Aojima Bushi 2. Nonki Bushi 3. Burabura Bushi 4. Ah Fumikiri-ban 5. Tokyo Bushi 6. Tsubame Bushi 7. Kaze no Uta 8. Fukko Bushi 9. Sutoton Bushi 10. Tsuki wa Musjo 11. Koi o Shiru Koro 12. Seikatsu Sensen Ijo Ari
Nippon Jazz Suikoden (4 CDs)
Second volume of monumental recordings of Japanese jazz from Taisho period (1912-1926) Comes with extensive booklet (in Japanese). 102 tracks.
CD1 : Sketches of Sennichimae CD2 : Birth of Tonbory Jazz CD3 : Jazz Diaspora CD4 : Tokyo - Paris
Militarythm in the Central City - Great Nagoya's Tsuru-Asahi's War song collection 1931-1939
Military influenced jazz from the Tsuru - Asahi Record in Nagoya. Rare 'indie' recordings from an age when record companies such as Columbia, Victor, King, Teichiku dominated the scene. 24 tracks.
Jazz in the Great Osaka (2 CDs)
Jazz in Osaka in the early Showa period between 1924-1941. Features stars of the day such as Philipine Jazz Band, Kozo Maeno, Ryoichi Hattori, Kyosuke Kami playing foxtrot, charlston and blues, with singers such as Kikuko Inoue and Susumu Koroda. Many rare tracks from minor labels such as Kokka, Naigai, Taihei, Nitto and Shochiku.
The Lost World of Jazz 1934-1944- Teichiku Swing Collection (2 CDs)
Jazz collection recorded betweem 1934 and 1944 from Teichiku Records. 44 tracks with artists including Dick Mine & His Serenaders, Teichiku Jazz Orchestra, Keio B.R.B. Light Musicians.
Coincided to mark the 40th anniversay since the first solo album by Haruomi Hosono on 25th May 1973. New album featuring guests including Ryuichi Sakamoto, Salyu, Shigeru Kishida (Quruli), Minako Yoshida and band line up that features Miharu Koshi, Ren Takada and Daiichi Ito. Tracks include covers of Kraftwerk's Radioactivity, Bob Dylan's When I Paint My Masterpiece and tracks Hosono and band have performed live recently.
1. Close to You 2. Something Stupid 3. Tip Toe Thru The Tulips with Me 4. My Bank Account Is Gone 5. Cow Cow Boogie 6. All La Glory 7. The Song Is Ended 8. When I Paint My Masterpiece 9. The House of Blue Lights 10. Ramu wa Osuki ? Part 2 11. I Love How You Love Me 12. Radioactivity
Heavenly Music (Premium LP - Limited Edition)
'Premium analogue LP' edition of Hosono's latest album.
1. Close to You 2. Something Stupid 3. Tip Toe Thru The Tulips with Me 4. My Bank Account Is Gone 5. Cow Cow Boogie 6. All La Glory 7. The Song Is Ended 8. When I Paint My Masterpiece 9. The House of Blue Lights 10. Ramu wa Osuki ? Part 2 11. I Love How You Love Me 12. Radioactivity
Flying Saucer 1947 (Premium LP- Limited Edition )
Premium Analogue LP limited edition version of album that came out in 2007.
Commemorates 60 years since the term 'Flying Saucer' was coined with sightings of UFOs at Roswell, Portland and elsewhere. Together with his band that Hosono calls World Shyness, he plays new versions of old Hosono tunes, and songs he has covered before, with a 'UFO' theme to them. The group comprises of Haruomi Hosono (vocals, acoustic guitar, others), Motoya Hamaguchi (drums), Hirofumi Tokutake (electric guitar), Ren Takada (pedal steel), Wataru Iga (bass) and, good to see her back, Miharu Koshi (accordion). Most of the songs have a Country & Western feel to them, but in a distinctly cool manner. Guests include minyo (tradtional folk) singers Shigeri and Kaori Kitsu and pop / avant garde singer UA. Tracks are 1. Pistol Packin' Mama 2. Wayward Wind 3. Body Snatchers 4. Flying Saucer Breakdown 5. Close Encounters 6. Miracle Light 7. Morgan Boogie 8. Pom Pom Joki 9. Sports Men 10. Shiawase Happy 11. Yume-miru Yaku-soku 12. Focal Mind
HoSoNoVa (Premium LP - Limited Edition)
Premium Analogue limited edition LP. Original release April 2011. Original songs and covers. Other musicians include regular live support musicians such as Ren Takada, Miharu Koshi, Wataru Iga (Sakerock) Shigeri Kitsu, Tin Pan Alley members Shigeru Suzuki, Tateo Hayashi, Hiroshi Sato, plus pop singer Cocco, Yoko Ono and Van Dyke Parks.
1. Ramona 2. Smile 3. Kanashimi no Lucky Star 4. Rosemary Tea Tree 5. Tadaima 6. Lonesome Road Movie 7. Walkers Blues 8. Banana Oiwake 9. Lazy Bones 10. Dessert Blues 11. Kamona Girl 12. Love Me
Long time Haruomi Hosono collaborator and band member's first solo album for five years. 'Chansonesque' that resonates with the sounds of the 1920s and 30 featuring accordion and piano.
1. Polka Dots And Moonbeams 2. You Do Something To Me 3. C`est Si Bon 4. Un Jour Mon Prince Viendra (Someday My Prince Will Come) 5. Bonne Nuit Minouche 6. Ich Bin Von Kopf Bis Fu Auf Liebe Eingestellt (Falling In Love Again) 7. Kinder.heut`abend Da Such Ich Mir Was Aus 8. Parlez-moi D`amour 9. Mona Lisa 10. La Vie En Rose 11. Sourse D`espoir 12. Les Roses De Picardie (Rose Of Picardy) 13. Wiegenlied
Reissue of Le Judas album released in 2008. Electronica with waltz, polka, swing and other nostalgic rhythms and melodies.
1. Valse Noire 2. Rubus Fruticosus 3. A La Piscine 4. Un Secret De Mon Frere 5. Chidori 6. Royal Eperon 7. Felicite 8. Maree Haute 9. Jardin Des Oublis 10. Petits Pieds 11. Frere Et S Ur Contrefaits 12. La Paume Cachee
Song Book Dub
Keyboardist, composer, producer, DJ, Hirofumi Asamoto is one of those musicians who goes under the radar, but whose influence is over a lot of great records. He plays with, and has written songs for, the wonderful singer UA, has played with dub band Mute Beat, Ram Jam World and many others, as welll as making solo dub records from time to time. On this album he plays kind of soft, piano dub versions of his own compositions. Definitely one for dub lovers.
1. Jounetsu 2. Natural Born Dub 3. Here Alone 4. Kajitsu No Tsuki 5. Kanashimi No Hana Ni 6. Nothing Without You Feat.speech 7. Island Of Dreams 8. Parade No Theme 9. After The Rain 10. Milk Tea
Brilliant album of Rolling Stones covers played on the ukulele and other instruments. Latest in the Rolling Coconuts albums of Ukulele albums. Artists include the wonderful Kuricorder Quartet. Listen to samples of all tracks.
1. Kiyoshi Kobayashi / Paint It Black 2. Kuricorder Quartet / As Tears Go By 3. Sweet Hollywaiians / Honky Tonk Women 4. Hajimenikiyoshi / Let`s Spend The Night Together 5. Ukulele Cafe Quartet / Jumpin` Jack Flash 6. U900 / (I Can`t Get No) Satisfaction 7. Kuricorder Quartet / Under My Thumb 8. Ukulele Cafe Quartet / Angie 9. Iwao / Sympathy For The Devil 10. Kyas / Brown Sugar 11. Hajimenikiyoshi / Tell Me 12. Blue Moon Quartet /Time Is On My Side
Ukulele and Me
First album for four years from the veteran Japanese ukulele player. Born in 1963, Iwao has played ukulele around the world, originally inspired by Herb Ohta.
1. Flowers 2. Thirty Thirty 3. Haru wo Matsu 4. Warabi Gami 5. Ocean Blue 6. Waiting for the Moon 7. Fire Dance 8. One Note Samba 9. Over the Rainbow 10. Ukulele and Me
Currently, making a big splash in the world of traditional music. First solo album by koto and shamisen player. Original material with a variety of influences and instruments. The title track is a collaboration with violinist Yuriko Mukoujima, Mimi Hamu Sakana is based on Javanese dance, while Kaze ga Omote de Yondeiru, was written by well known composer Yuji Takahashi. Etsuko Takezawa plays koto, shamisen and 17 stringed koto. Guest musicians are Akira Sakata (sax, vocal), Fumio Itabashi (piano), Yuriko Mukoujima (violin) and Natsumi Sagusa (kumana).
1.Hechima 2. Han 3. Kaze ga Omotede Yondeiru 4. Hi.ka.ri 4. Kaze ga Omotede Yondeiru 5. Mimi Hamu Sakana 6. Ano Hi E No Michinori
Collection of Toshihiko Mizuno Compositions - New Music for Koto, Shakuhachi, 17 Stringed Koto
Tenth album from leading composer and player of Koto. Toshihiko Mizuno performs on the koto together with four other artists including Tomoko Nomura, Atsuko Kida (17 stringed koto), Ryozan Sakata and Shozan Tanabe (shakuhachi). Wonderful album.
1. Netsujo no Uragawa 2. Aoi Sakura, Hakaranda no Mai 3. Emotion, Tokimeki (shakuahchi version) 4. Humoresque 5. Asuka Densetsu 6. Aotwn no Pegasus
SUMIKO GOTO, FEATURING MARIO BRUNELLO AND OTHERS
Kazoe-Uta - Variations Works by Michio Miyagi (3)
Koto player and singer, Sumiko Goto is joined by internationally acclaimed cello player Mario Brunello, plus Keisuke Zenyoji (shakuhachi) and Misuko Takahata (koto)
1. Kazoe-Uta Henkyoku 2. Haru no Umi 3. Mizu Sandai 4. London no Yoru no Ame 5. Eihei no Koutai 6. Izumi 7. Sekirei 8. Sarahikaze Tegoto
KOHACHIRO MIYATA, IKUYO FURUKAWA
Miyagi Michio Works Collection Vol. 5
CDR release by shakuhachi player Kohachiro Miyagi and koto / shamisen player Ikuyo Furukawa on which they play mainly vocal works by Michio Miyagi. Accompanying musicians are Junko Hayashida and Kiyomi Yarimizu (koto) and three singers, Tokiwa Doi, Keiko Katayama and Shizuka Yabuuchi.
1. Shiki no Yanagi 2. Enjo 3. Hatsudayori 4. Matsuri no Taiko, Mizu Sandai (Yama no Kan, Taiga no Yube, Taiyo no Asa) 5. Uguisu
AUN-J CLASSIC ORCHESTRA
Fifth album of Aun-J Classic Orchestra, eight top musicians playing Japanese traditional instruments. Each musician brings a composition to this album. Members are Ryohei Inoue (taiko), Kohei Inoue (taiko, shamisen, fue), Hide (narimono, taiko), Hideki Onoe (shamisen), Hideki Ishigaki (shakuhachi), Michiko Yamada (fue), Shin Ichikawa and Azumi Yamano (17 stirings koto).
1. Ran 2. Sakura Komichi 3. Oriental Journey 4. Ocean 5. Shiroi Tsuioku 6. Trick Star 7. Savannah 8. Renu 9. Go West 53
YUKIHIKO MITSUKA, MIHOKO ONO
Classic Japanese pop songs performed and arranged by shakuhachi player Yukihiko Mitsuka. Originally released about 20 years ago on cassette, this is a new version, newly recorded. Accompaniment by koto player Mihoko Ono. Mitsuka is a member of the group Tone, and has performed with a artists ranging from taiko drummer Eitetsu Hayashi and Nubian oud player Hamza El Din.
1. Yuki no Hana 2. Jupiter 3. Shonen Jidai 4. Okina Furudokei 5. Isso Serenade 6. Koi no Yokan 7. Wine Red no Kokoro 8. Olive no Kubikazari 9. Senjo no Merry Chirstmas 10. Longing Love 11. Toki no Nagare 12. Silk Road - Eien no Michi
Dual - Koto x Koto
Koto duo of Ai Kajigano and Azumi Yamano who were both students of Tadao and Kazue Sawai. Varied compositions by contemporaries and masters.
1. Rin (Hikaru Sawai) 2. Amaneku / I am here (Hibiki Ichinose) 3. Awatekotoya no Awatetokoya - Nimen no Koto no Tameno (Kosaku Yamada) 4. Mittsu no Paraphrase (Tadao Sawai) 5. Natsuyasumi - Boken, Yuyake (Yasutaka Tato) 6. I Am Here
New album from koto and shamisen player who is based in Kyoto and performs regulary overseas.
1. Mama no Kawa 2. Echigojishi 3. Shiki no Nagame 4. Hanauri Onna 5. Yugao 6. Oi no Futaba
Symphony Ihatov (SACD Hybrid)
Live recording from 23rd November 2012 at Tokyo Opera City Hall of Tomita's latest orchestral work ( Ihatov is a fictional place created by poet/author Kenji Miyazawa derived from his native Iwate prefecture). Featuring about 300 musicians; The Japan Philharmonic Orchestra, a chamber chorus, a junior high school choir, and lead 'vocaloid' by digital female star Hatsune Miku, a synthesizer application who appears as an animated projection. Behind this extraordinary spectacle was Isao Tomita, who composed the symphony and cleverly incorporated the vocaloid into an orchestral work for the first time. Now 80 years old, Orchestra Ihatov has been billed as Tomita's magnum opus, expressing the 'psychedelic' and colourful world of Miyazawa's literature, that Tomita has been a fan of since he was a child. The two worlds of Tomita, the orchestral and electronic combining with spectacular results.The production received much critical acclaim and is now released as an SACD Hybrid. 9 tracks.(4.0chSACD/2chSACD/2chCD) Naoto Otomo- Conductor, Japan Philharmonic Orchestra, Hatsune Miku- Virtual Singer, performed by Motokazu Shinoda, Ikuo Kakehashi- percussion, Wagner Society Male Choir & OB Choir Keio University, University of the Sacred Heart Glee - conductor Kenta Shimogawara, Symphony Hills Boys & Girls Chorus.
1. Iwate San no Owashi (Taneyamagahara no Bokka) 2. Kenbai - Hoshimeguri no Uta 3. Chumon no Ooi Ryouriten 4. Kaze no Matasaburou 5. Ginga Tetsudou no Yoru 6. Ame Nimo Makezu 7. Iwate San no Owashi (Taneyamagahara no Bokka) 8. Ribbon no Kishi (Encore) 9. Aoi Chikyuu wa Dare no Mono (Encore)